Project 2 Final(ish)

Post links to your Project Two websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
NalaniN

Project 2 Final(ish)

Post by NalaniN »

Here is my Project 2 website. I haven't been able to meet all the project requirements obviously, but if I have time I will add more. I just want to make sure I turn in something on time.
I also want to add that while I did seriously consider keeping a more traditional top header as some in first critique suggested, I opted to try the side header as a challenge (which I came to somewhat regret as the deadline loomed closer).

https://www.grc275.com/student/fall-202 ... -home.html

Nalani

lewlewland

Re: Project 2 Final(ish)

Post by lewlewland »

Hey Nalani,

It looks great, I think that you were able to translate your roughs very well. Also, nice job with the side navigation. It is not easy to figure out haha

emilyduke:3

Post by emilyduke:3 »

Good job on your project! They match your roughs really well. Your site is also really responsive, very clean transitions.

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Ha! Leafy over there always makes me laugh. He has a Ren & Stimpy mania about him that's infections. The whole concept of trees that grow pants is great. Just take that pun, play it straight and run it to it's logical conclusion. And that video ...

The whole thing just has a sense of bright whimsey about it. It feels like a small town nursery website. And it works! It's colors are bright and cheerful and help establish the slight manic edge the whole thing has. Your navigation is easy to see and use. It seems to be nicely responsive as well. Your product pages do a good job of informing me and guiding me in for a sale. Sign me up for a fruit bearing cargo pants tree, please. I do like that you've placed your video front and center on the home page, too. Just, the zane of all this is bending the charts.

The whole website feels a little bare of content, but what content is there is awesome. I just wish you'd used different tree reference images rather than the same one for the different pants. Surely a jeans tree looks different from a slacks tree in other ways besides it's "fruit".

Good work! "Stop the hassle of shopping for pants--Grow your own pants at home!"
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262