Project 2 Preliminary Critique

Post links to your Project Two websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
wilson_iii

Project 2 Preliminary Critique

Post by wilson_iii »

WHOOPS.

I was absorbed, okay, and totally spaced posting these. Roast me. Also, gimme some input haha. Pls
index-desktop.png
devices-desktop.png
games-desktop.png
accessories-desktop.png
index-mobile.png
devices-mobile.png
games-mobile.png
accessories-mobile.png

lewlewland

Re: Project 2 Preliminary Critique

Post by lewlewland »

I like your logo and the burgundy color that you chose. I think that the layouts are easy to read and navigate but the one with the car and the white text over it is a little hard to comprehend and the text gets a little lost on that photo.

NalaniN

Post by NalaniN »

Hi Will,

Nice designs! The burgundy and dusty pink color scheme is unusual for gaming and tech, so I think it's actually pretty smart and can differentiate this company from its competitors. I think the logo is great. It looks very tech and professional. Just watch out for white text over light-colored background in terms of legibility.
Great work!

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

You've got some good ideas here, Will. I wish there'd been more of a second design, but you've got a pretty decent design here.

You and I already discussed most of this during Wednesday's Q&A but I thought I would restate it here for posterity

You've got a nice, clean layout here. Everything is well placed and leads they eye around the composition well. Your logo is strong. The triangle has a bunch of neat details and seems to be a pointer directing the eye down to your content. I like how the colored top bar functions as a framing device for your layout and grabs the eye immediately. I especially like the use of background imagery. It brings a lot of life to the composition and catches the eye. The foreground images do a good job of speaking for and enhancing your content. I like their prominent placement. Your navigation is easy to see and use.

The red and pink top bar and navigation clash a bit with your background images. Either use some of the colors from your images in the header, pick neutral colors for the header and nav, or modify the background pictures so they're posterized duo/tri/quad-tone images using some of the colors from the navigation. I'm losing your bodycopy against the background image on your inner page. Perhaps try a mild black drop shadow/outer glow to subtly push the type out toward the user? I'm not 100% sold on your main navigation font choice. It seems too thin.

Nice work!
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262