Project 01 Final

Post links to your Project One websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
wilson_iii

Project 01 Final

Post by wilson_iii »

lewlewland

Re: Project 01 Final

Post by lewlewland »

This is quite the website, you clearly spent a lot of time gathering all of the content for this. I really like the drop info on the home page. Only complaint that I would have is the blue, it doesn't feel like it fits for some reason, I don't know much about batman tbh but I don't think of the color blue when I think of him. Great job!

Instructor
Site Admin

Re: Project 01 Final

Post by Instructor »

Hmmmmmm. What was Will's passion project this semester? I can't tell.

This is a very detailed website, far more than I was asking for on the project requirements, but they are only a starting place and you clearly took this one and ran.

My favorite page is the "Bat Cave" page with the movie as it's "background image". Pity you didn't use movies on your other pages. It's such a neat effect. I like the squared off, hard, jagged look of the layout. Very utilitarian. Very Batman. You've also used good contrast while using Batman's colors. Great job referencing Batman's colors across all iterations of him. It does a good job of carrying that idea and ideal down to it's mobile design as well. Interesting use of an accordion menu as an infodump as well. I'm not sold on the center aligned bodycopy or the super thin type, but your accordion menu works well to conceal the massive amount of information you have on the website. I like your image based navigation. It makes it stand out and easy to use. Of course when you click on them, it takes you further down the rabbit hole ...

Now I'm humming the Batman theme song in the back of my head. Thanks.

Nice work!
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262