Project02-prelims

Post links to your Project Two websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
itsdrrlcarden

Project02-prelims

Post by itsdrrlcarden »

Hello Class,
My ideas here were based on earthy and giving off natural vibes. The company is Daring Oils. The name stems from my first name. Its a natural essential oil company. We offer oils, lotions, drink flavors, and scents.
Attachments
phone-inside-02.jpg
phone-working-graphic-02.jpg
=compuer-inside-02.jpg
computer-working-graphic-02.jpg
phone-inside-01.jpg
phone-working-graphic-01.jpg
compuer-inside-01.jpg
compuer-working-graphic-01.jpg

NalaniN

Re: Project02-prelims

Post by NalaniN »

Hi Darrell,

Very nice! Perfect color scheme for evoking tranquility, in my opinion, and excellent font choices to accentuate that feel. The script combined with clean sans serif is very pleasing. I really think any of the layouts would work well (except maybe the one that just says "Hello Welcome" since there isn't anything to do there except click on the small hamburger menu). The only thing that caught me up, and it really might just be me, was the font for the logo actually made me pause to determine if the company name was "baring oils" or "Daring Oils".

Nalani

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

You've got a great aesthetic going here, Darrell. I can just hear the twee rights-free ukulele and xylophone music playing just looking at them. I prefer your first design by the tiniest of margins. I think it's the ever so slightly more contrast it has and that it's a bit more image dominant.

Your type choices are well selected here. Your headline, subhead, and navigation type establish a soft twee feeling that goes with the rest of the content. Very modern Instagram influencer without slipping into those buckwild TikTok animals. I'm curious to see what your bodycopy looks like. The white background and image grid design also feels very modern and urban. I feel like I know what the shop that sells these things looks and smells like. The white background also helps establish contrast with even the most pastel colors. It makes it feel clean which also helps sell cosmetics, essential oils and cleaners of various types. Your imagery is on point and shows off your products well. Those images that don't have a product in them help communicate your brand's objectives. The products feel very in situ to me. Aspirational even. Good use of margins throughout. Everything feels very open, but not too fragmented. Your navigation is easy to see and use. I especially like the way your nav flips to vertical buttons on your mobile version. A strong, visually interesting choice. Interesting that it uses a hamburger menu on the computer version and buttons on the mobile version. Bold! I want to see where you're going with this. BTW, this whole layout is begging to be put together in a CSS grid.

I am losing your navigation type in the button images a little. I'd recommend doing the type in a lighter color, maybe the brown or gray like you have your cursive page titles in. The logo type is even a little too dominant in this pastel wonderland you've created here. I'd recommend seeing what it would look like in the gray that you have your "welcome" text in or the brown you have your "shop" text in.

Nice work!
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262

wilson_iii

Post by wilson_iii »

I like your use of images and colors, but in certain places you tend to lose the text in the image. Maybe stack the lettering vertically on the left side of the image? I am unsure as to the easiest solution. It's very pretty to look at, but not entirely accessible. I'd say that's your next step. All in all, lovely work, and a good prelim!!

///APOLOGIES FOR THE LATE RESPONSE///

lewlewland

Post by lewlewland »

Love the aesthetic here, the colors, images and font all work very well together. I'm excited to this site live, I think it could be very impressive