Project 3 ~ roughs

Post links to your Project Three websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
Marco horta

Project 3 ~ roughs

Post by Marco horta »

hello, Everyone!

here are some ideas for my 3rd project.

I have chosen to create a website for a wedding photographer named, Jeff Moutner. Whom I admire for his work, he has an amazing ability to preserve priceless moments in every event the characteristics of his work are the unique and the originality of his images it is amazing. He loves to capture the moment with a minimum of illumination preserving high definition images on his photographies.

most of this designs will be using. lightbox effect, tabs, let me know what do you think.
thank you
Attachments
Desktop.jpg
tablet.jpg
Iphone-android.jpg
computer-page-2.jpg
Marco Horta

“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.” —Albert Einstein

chaytothet

Re: Project 3 ~ roughs

Post by chaytothet »

Hey! I like the outside of the first one and inside of the second.

I feel like both of these focus on the pictures that he's produced. Possibly separate the galleries with text, just so it's not too busy!

Great job :)

selvester

Post by selvester »

hey Marco!

These are coming along well. I like the simple white background and the grey accents you used. The light box gallery is a nice touch on the desktop view as well. I feel your first set of roughs will work a little bit better than your second set. The light box gallery looks a little more cleaner and as Chalyn has pointed out, it's important to showcase large images on your website as the artist you choose is a photographer. Good Work!
Cheers,
Hannah Selvey

Stephski

Post by Stephski »

Hi Marco,

I like the concept you developed here. I would only suggest that the grey bar at the top (on desktop) remains full width, as you did in your mobile/tablet layout. Otherwise I think the layout is clean and straightforward! Nice job!
Stephanie Kendziorski.

kieley_smith

Post by kieley_smith »

Hey there,

I really like the limited color scheme you've gone with for these designs. Very classy and elegant! I especially like the sepia tones that pop up in some of the photos. Perhaps you could incorporate hints of that color elsewhere in the design to increase cohesion, perhaps as accent colors in the footer? Just a thought! : )

My favorite layout is definitely "computer-page-2", it looks very clean and inviting, with lots of focus on the actual art pieces.

The only suggestion I can think of is to be careful with that vertical navbar you have in your "iphone-android" design. If that page were displayed at real life mobile size, my big ol' fingers would have some issues pressing the right link. I think either a horizontal nav, or a larger expandable nav big enough to temporarily cover some of the images would work better. I mean, it's just going to get hidden once the user's done with it, so you don't need to worry about squishing it to the side.

Great roughs so far, good luck moving forward! : D
~ Kieley Smith

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Hm. An interesting subject choice.

Of your two very similar designs, I'd say I like your first one a little better. It's a clean single page layout that's easy to navigate and has good margins. I actually kinds like the muted, low-contrast color scheme (don't tell Michael!). It fades into the background and lets the image colors really shine. Everything is just super well placed with good room to breath without getting too fragmented. Your three fonts are working well together. In particular, the script type and sans-serif type make a great team in the logo. Your serif type is warm and inviting and makes a great bodycopy. I also like the multiple photo gallery areas.

I think your large images might look better as large slideshows that go edge to edge rather than carousels. I also like the mosaic you have on the inner page of your second design. Add some paragraph breaks in your about text. Right now it's a bit of a text wall.

A good clean little design. I'm curious to see it in action.
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262

Cassie_Bowers

Post by Cassie_Bowers »

I like your first rough with the picture carousels. I like how the photographer’s pictures are on the homepage so that the work is the first thing you see.
Cassandra Bowers

Eduardo_Garcia

Post by Eduardo_Garcia »

Hello,
great designs!
The simple color scheme does well for the design, nav and footer are looking amazing!
Would go with first rough

Breezy

Post by Breezy »

Hey,

I really enjoy your first layout with the lightbox effect. It really brings a gallery feel to it which is perfect for a photographer's website. Great Job!
"A day without laughter is a day wasted." - Charlie Chaplin

Brianna Mick