Project 3 Roughs

Post links to your Project Three websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
selvester

Project 3 Roughs

Post by selvester »

Yodels!

This is Jeremy Fish. He's an incredible graphic artist with a killer wardrobe. He's inspo for me on the daily.
Attachments
layout2 _homepage_final.jpg
layout2_mobile_home.jpg
layout2_innerpage.jpg
layout2_mobile_inner.jpg
layout_1_27in.jpg
layout1_mobile_home.jpg
layout1_inner_page.jpg
layout1_mobile_inner.jpg
Last edited by selvester on Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cheers,
Hannah Selvey

chaytothet

Re: Project 3 Roughs

Post by chaytothet »

I like it! Specifically I like how much his work is showcased in the first one. I think the second picture should definitely be featured in the about section :)

Love it! :D

Stephski

Post by Stephski »

Both layouts have a lot of potential, it's hard to chose! I think it will be more of a color choice here (purple layout or blue/green layout)? I am not familiar with this artist so I am unsure which color represents him and his work best.
Stephanie Kendziorski.

kieley_smith

Post by kieley_smith »

Hey there,

I really like your first roughs(the teal and orange ones), your color scheme is so rich and inviting, and goes very well with the art pieces shown in your drafts. That big sans serif title combined with blocks of color also go well with the graphic style of the artist. rough 2 seems a little boring in comparison, especially that dull purple about page.

The only suggestions I can think of would be to make the words in the nav-bar either larger, or in a heavier weight font. They kind of get lost at the moment, and while that style of nav is often used on art-related sites, it seems kind of unbalanced when compared to those big, attention-grabbing body images.

You've got a great start so far, good luck! : D
~ Kieley Smith

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Ooooh! A neat artist. Nicely selected, Hannah. The fact that Jeremy Fish is one of your major inspirations is unsurprising and explains a lot.

I prefer your layout_2 almost entirely due to it's color. Burnt orange, dark blue and dark teal work very nicely together. Your super high contrast layout works well with these colors. I especially like the pseudo 3D effect on the word "Fish". Your typography is super bold without being a bold font and fits well with your artist. The navigation is easy to see and use. I like the enlarged, colored button telling you what page you are on. A good little UI touch. I'm surprised the image and type do not visually compete, but they stay out of each other's way visually. A great picture on the About page. He looks just about how you'd expect him to look.

I'd probably include a little bit more text on the mobile version just to let people know what's up. Also, I'd add just a touch more leading on the About bodycopy. I get what you are trying to go for, but it's a little illegible.

Go fish!
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262

Cassie_Bowers

Post by Cassie_Bowers »

I really like your first rough with the teal and orange colors. I like how you made the type match the picture.
Cassandra Bowers

Eduardo_Garcia

Post by Eduardo_Garcia »

Hello,
great roughs, would go with layout 1
The color scheme and layout are well thought out!
Advice would be to enlarge the header text, since it is overshadowed by the eye catching images.

Breezy

Post by Breezy »

Hey,

I agree with Micheal, I like your second layout better. The colors really do it for me and it feels more like a website than your first layout.
"A day without laughter is a day wasted." - Charlie Chaplin

Brianna Mick