Project three roughs

Post links to your Project Three websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
ltrueworthy

Project three roughs

Post by ltrueworthy »

Hi everyone, here are my two roughs for project three. I kind of wanted to do something goofy and fun so the first thing that popped into my head was cookie monster. The first rough is sort of leaning towards a darkish theme, I might talk about how he had a rough past and being an addict (or something like that) and the second rough is much brighter and more colorful. That one has more of a sesame street vibe.
Attachments
rough2b.png
rough2a.png
rough_1b.png
rough_1a.png
Lea Trueworthy

selvester

Re: Project three roughs

Post by selvester »

omg the cookie monster is the best monster!

I think your first set of roughs is coming along better than the second. I like the sesame street background with the cookie monster in the foreground. I think you should probably include a navigation bar of some sort though? Nice Work!
Cheers,
Hannah Selvey

Stephski

Post by Stephski »

Hi Lea,

I prefer your first version (roughs 1a, 1b) since it has the cookie navigation bar. I also like what you did with the about page, the layout is well organized. Your second rough looks nice but it needs a navigation.
Stephanie Kendziorski.

kieley_smith

Post by kieley_smith »

Hey there!

I like your 1-a and 1-b roughs, they really capture the dark and noble soul of a struggling artist. The chain of consumed cookies for navigation are great too! (maybe have them get chunks get "bitten" out on mouse over?) I think they might look better without the white background though, it's a little out of place. I know you were talking about a custom cursor, and I feel like that's going to make or break the otherwise simple design you've got going. I'd also like to see that video you found of cookie monster's interview in a prominent position, maybe even on the front page. That'd sell the whole artist thing and add context to the rest of the design.

Rough 2 is cool as well, but a little too bright and happy for what you're going for.

Cool concept, can't wait to see it finished! : )
~ Kieley Smith

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

HA!

I've been waiting for this one. Cookie Monster as a struggling artist who'd had to battle a lot of addiction demons to get where he is. Such a great concept! But where are the mobile versions of your layout?

I particularly like the inner page of your first rough with the painted background and pretentious pull quote. The type selection is particularly good there. It's easy to read and yet distressed. Like Cookie Monster's soul. The color is well chosen too. It has a sense of melancholy joy that I think is a great theme to go with. I assume you are using the cookie navigation from the home page for this design throughout.

The home page needs to be made to look and feel a bit more like the inner page. Maybe use the block type from your home page as the navigation type as well. And I think it needs the faux painting texture with Cookie Monster subtly highlighted, like the inner page does. Also watch the top margin on your navigation.

It's funny, I'm actually more excited for the text on this one than the design or layout. I know you're going to go crazy with it.
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262

Cassie_Bowers

Post by Cassie_Bowers »

I like the first layout you created. The background is nice and colorful. I like the idea of the cookie nav bar in the other layout too. Maybe you could incorporate it into the first design.
Cassandra Bowers

Eduardo_Garcia

Post by Eduardo_Garcia »

Hello,
very interesting choice. Both designs are looking good!
Prefer rough 1, since the design is much more fitting for the Cookie Monster.
Lacks nav,

Breezy

Post by Breezy »

Hi,

I really like the cover of your second layout and the inner page of your first layout. I'm excited to see this it will be a fun one!
"A day without laughter is a day wasted." - Charlie Chaplin

Brianna Mick