Project 3 Roughs

Post links to your Project Three websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
kieley_smith

Project 3 Roughs

Post by kieley_smith »

Here are my roughs for project 3.

The artist I chose to focus on is Abigail Harding, a comics and illustration artist who is quite popular on social media. I really love her inking techniques and inventive creature design.

Obviously, rough 1 is the favored one, and I've already started working on it, so I'd really appreciate any suggestions to focus on that one. In the rough 1 designs, the presence of arrows indicates an image slider.

As for rough 2, the menu at the bottom is expandable, in it's retracted form it would just look like a vertical nav on the right side of the page.
Attachments
rough_1_home.jpg
rough_1_inner.jpg
rough_1_home_mobile.jpg
rough_1_inner_mobile.jpg
rough_2_home_2.jpg
rough_2_inner.jpg
rough_2_home_mobile.jpg
rough_2_inner_mobile.jpg
~ Kieley Smith

chaytothet

Re: Project 3 Roughs

Post by chaytothet »

Hey! I like what you've done so far. I think the first layout with the harsh angles really reflects the art better than the stair steps. I really like the colors you've chosen!

selvester

Post by selvester »

Elloz!

I really like your second roughs. The first roughs seem a little hard to follow, with all the geometric symbols and images. However your second rough looks clean and well organized which I'm very fond of. Great work!
Cheers,
Hannah Selvey

Stephski

Post by Stephski »

Hello!

I like your first rough, I think the second one will he troublesome to code with the navigation layer out that way. Although your second rough is perfect for mobile optimization. I think a mixture of both concepts will make for a perfect website!
Stephanie Kendziorski.

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Now that's an interesting subject!

I prefer the layout of your rough_1. That pyramidal navigation is a really interesting. It creates two columns of equal hierarchy with each "top" button being equally important. You seem to have grasped this and are using it well. In fact, the whole geometry is very interesting to me. It seems almost like it's guiding energy flows around or something. Nice choice on your title/button/dropcap type too. It really reflects your artist's subject matter and the detail of her work. The serif main type works well too easy to read and not distrscting from the content. I like the purple and orange color scheme too. They're good (near)complimentary colors that work well. I like how they are reflected in the artist's work too.

My only beef with it really, is that it doesn't highlight the imagery enough. Your rough_2 does a fantastic job of this with it's massive visually dominant imagery. Bump up the image sizes and use the more colorful, detailed, higher contrast images you used in rough_2. Maybe use the white on purple color scheme from your footer in the navigation pyramid to increase contrast too.

Looking good!
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262

Cassie_Bowers

Post by Cassie_Bowers »

That artist has such cool work! I like the first rough with the triangles. I think it looks really unique. I also like the orange color you chose.
Cassandra Bowers

Eduardo_Garcia

Post by Eduardo_Garcia »

Hello,
both roughs are great!
would go with rough 1, the layout of the rough is very intriguing!
would increase the size of text, or make bold to have it stand out more.

Breezy

Post by Breezy »

Hey,

I really really like your first layout. The pyramid layout really suits the work you're showcasing, great job!
"A day without laughter is a day wasted." - Charlie Chaplin

Brianna Mick