Project 2

Post links to your Project Two websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
chaytothet

Project 2

Post by chaytothet »

Sorry Folks, I totally forgot to post my pages! I am making a one page website, so this will be the portion of the website with products on it. It will be sectioned off in to Men's, Missus, and for the job products.
Attachments
first_rough.PNG
second_rough.PNG

selvester

Re: Project 2

Post by selvester »

Again, I like your first layout! The image placement makes my eyes dance side to side. I would select one overall size for the product images, this way you'll eliminate margin issues!
Cheers,
Hannah Selvey

fjbo

Post by fjbo »

Your first rough is more interesting. The ratios of your imagery is very inconsistent on both designs, I would recommend to crop the images to a maximum with or a maximum height so all fit within the same ratio. Another layout alternative would be to alternate your products so if your first product has a horizontal orientation, then place a product with a vertical orientation, then third would have horizontal orientation, fourth would have vertical orientation and so on. Editing your imagery to fit or math your composition and layout is very important.
FJBO

FRANCISCO JAVIER BECERRA-ORTIZ

Stephski

Post by Stephski »

Hello!
I agree with Hannah, the same size for your images will be ideal. For the layouts, both have their advantages. I like the interaction of looking at the images on either side. The other layout is straightforward and clean.
Stephanie Kendziorski.

kieley_smith

Post by kieley_smith »

Hey there! I think that your first rough would be be best one to go with, I like the zig zag design that the images create, it does a lot to spice up the black and white, straight-down design.

I also noticed that most of the rest of your website is in black and white, while the images in the catalog are in color. An interesting experiment would be to have the catalog images show up in gray scale at first glance, and have color show up upon rollover. Just a thought!

Good luck with project 2! : )
~ Kieley Smith

Cassie_Bowers

Post by Cassie_Bowers »

I like the first one but I think the pictures need to be sized more similar to each other. I like the vertical layout and the lines spacing the images out.
Cassandra Bowers

Eduardo_Garcia

Post by Eduardo_Garcia »

Great roughs, would go with first rough, the asymmetrical balance makes the design more interesting

Breezy

Post by Breezy »

Hey,

I like your catalog page 1 better, It flows nicely!
"A day without laughter is a day wasted." - Charlie Chaplin

Brianna Mick

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Hm. I like your first one a little better. The alternating left-right images give it a bit of visual interest.

I see you are continuing your newsletter theme with your products. I like that idea. Maybe look at 1920s-1930s newspaper classifieds for inspiration. I'd make the images close to the listings themselves so that the images will be tied to their product descriptions by proximity. Don't forget to add a bit of margin around each product though, your horizontal dividers are waaaaay too tight. Also, try using different type weights to separate out a product's title/name from it's description.

Good effort!
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262