project 2 ~ roughs

Post links to your Project Two websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
Marco horta

project 2 ~ roughs

Post by Marco horta »

Hello everyone!

Here are my two rough's designs for project 2 catalog. Personally, I would like to use my first rough. What do you think and what changes should I make?.
Attachments
product_catalog_rough_2.jpg
catalog_rough_1.jpg
Marco Horta

“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.” —Albert Einstein

HouseStark

Re: project 2 ~ roughs

Post by HouseStark »

I agree that the first one is the one to go with. An idea could be to have the full page one for maybe the "deal" of the week or a special, and then below it, have more of a grid layout for other products. Visually I really like the look. Great job!
Michele Keast Ott

“Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” – Galadriel, Lord of the Rings

selvester

Post by selvester »

MMmm I think both of these product pages would work well. I think with this particular product the bigger the picture the better, since there's a lot of detail to look at. Great work!
Cheers,
Hannah Selvey

fjbo

Post by fjbo »

Very good Marco!

Both pages really complement each other, which I believe that is your plan. My recommendation would be that given you are aiming to a specific high-income and traditional market, aligning your text to left would be a better design choice.

Your site is really attractive and accurate for your market from the color palette to composition feels classy yet new. All of your little details are delightful. Specially that logo breaking free from your frame is a very nice addition. Well done.
FJBO

FRANCISCO JAVIER BECERRA-ORTIZ

Stephski

Post by Stephski »

Hello Marco,

Your first rough is the one that works best since it shows more products at a glimpse. The second rough, being a full width product description, will make the user search more for what they are looking for.
Stephanie Kendziorski.

kieley_smith

Post by kieley_smith »

Hey there! I agree with your attachment to the first rough, the larger layout feels much more luxurious and open, which is perfect for a landscaping company.

The only downside is that it takes so much attention that viewers might not consider making additional purchases due to not having other products immediately visible. Maybe a small, unobtrusive vertical list of other products on the side? Although with this particular product, I'm not sure extra purchases are really a consideration, yards are only so big! ^^"

Whichever one you go with, it'll be polished as ever! Good luck! : )
~ Kieley Smith

Cassie_Bowers

Post by Cassie_Bowers »

I like both of them. I think they both look really nice. I like the pictures and the green color I think it works really good for a landscape company.
Cassandra Bowers

Eduardo_Garcia

Post by Eduardo_Garcia »

Great roughs, i’d go with rough 2.
The detail of the product over the selection of multiple products is more interesting. The typography is well used, and the color scheme is intriguing.
Advice would be to place price above description, and increase its size as well as Buy button size.

Breezy

Post by Breezy »

Hey,

I like your catalog page 1 better! Great job!
"A day without laughter is a day wasted." - Charlie Chaplin

Brianna Mick

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Ha! I love the idea these are link gardens-in-a-can. Roll 'em out and voila! Time to go be featured in Better Homes and Gardens.

I'd say you can use both of these if you'd like. Have your second design be the listing page and then when you click on any of the gardens-in-a-can it goes to the first design to provide more detailed info and photos. You have great use of margin and color on the both of them. Good work keeping it consistent with your established branding, too.

I'm not 100% sure you need to center align your product description on your first design.

Great work!
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262