Project Two - Roughs EG

Post links to your Project Two websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
Eduardo_Garcia

Project Two - Roughs EG

Post by Eduardo_Garcia »

Hello everyone, here are my Catalog page roughs
Attachments
rough_catalog_01.png
rough_catalog_02.png

HouseStark

Re: Project Two - Roughs EG

Post by HouseStark »

I like catalog 1 it has a cleaner look, on the other one I seem to be drawn to the black outline around the product, and not necessarily the product. Nice job!
Michele Keast Ott

“Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” – Galadriel, Lord of the Rings

selvester

Post by selvester »

Since the rectangular box is not consistent throughout your website, I wouldn't introduce it here in your product page. The top layout matches your overall web design, I would go with that one.
Cheers,
Hannah Selvey

fjbo

Post by fjbo »

Not a lot to discuss here.

Your first layout is definitely more consistent and modern. Enclosing your products in boxes is not necessary. Your left side tend to feel "heavier" due to the darkness and saturation of black over the lightness of white. I can see it was a design choice, but it would be worth it to balance it a bit more. Since your background is white, having white products placed on white background literally turns your white products into negative space. I would use a light gray background or add some texture to the background.

Other than that your site is very straight-forward and conventional for an online store.
FJBO

FRANCISCO JAVIER BECERRA-ORTIZ

Stephski

Post by Stephski »

Hello!
Your first rough preserves the very basic layout you originally developed. I think that less is more here!
Stephanie Kendziorski.

kieley_smith

Post by kieley_smith »

Hey there! I think your top rough is definitely the one to go with. It's much cleaner and more professional than the secondary option, where the boxes are kind of choking the product.

Also, the vertical orientation of the rows are very pleasing to the eye, and it'll be much easier to add additional products to the page without feeling too lopsided if you don't add enough for an entire row.

Good luck! : )
~ Kieley Smith

Cassie_Bowers

Post by Cassie_Bowers »

I like your first rough. I think it works better with your basic brand because it’s more simplified.
Cassandra Bowers

Breezy

Post by Breezy »

Hey,

I like your catalog page 1 better! Awsome job!
"A day without laughter is a day wasted." - Charlie Chaplin

Brianna Mick

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Hm. I actually like the your first one better.

The lack of outlines around your products make the first one feel more "Basic", as it were. I also like it's larger margins between the products and the other objects. The second one feels a little too cluttered mostly because of the outlines and tighter spacing. I also like the continuation of the perfect cleanliness of your design. Such a great use of contrast and layout. It punches way above it's weight. For some reason I'm picturing this stuff in super expensive antiseptically clean stores that are entirely decorated in black and white. And the hoodies sell for like $900. And there's a line out front.

My only issue with it, is where is your product information going to be? In a tooltip or popup? You'll need to inform your buyers about your products somewhere in there.

Good work!
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262