Project 2 Roughs

Post links to your Project Two websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
HouseStark

Project 2 Roughs

Post by HouseStark »

Here are my two rough layouts. I do not have my footer at the bottom of my roughs, and a few others things. I am also may be moving all my nav to the top (two nav bars on proj 1). There are things I like about both, and interested in what everyone has to say.
Thanks for the input!
Attachments
product_page_1.jpg
product_page_2.jpg
Michele Keast Ott

“Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” – Galadriel, Lord of the Rings

selvester

Re: Project 2 Roughs

Post by selvester »

I like the large images on your product 2 page but I think your product 1 page looks cleaner. I might combine both product pages together??
Cheers,
Hannah Selvey

fjbo

Post by fjbo »

As a fan of weird and different, I totally enjoyed your second layout (not because it is weird, but mostly because is different and very dynamic in terms of layout composition).

I think that most online stores are very straight-forward and over simplified on their layouts, but you are proposing a different approach. You have to totally embrace that as a designer, lots of kudos for that.

The one thing I recommend is to apply better typography and composition to your headline "from fun dresses to wedding dresses". You have such a good product so far, but that headline leaves the page with some room for improvement.

Your site is going to be very cool, I really want to see your finished product!
FJBO

FRANCISCO JAVIER BECERRA-ORTIZ

Stephski

Post by Stephski »

I like your rough 1, Perhaps add a background behind each products to differentiate your products. Or you could remove the background color on your images, that would unify the design.
Stephanie Kendziorski.

kieley_smith

Post by kieley_smith »

Hey there!

I think I prefer your first rough more, just because it's more practical and it's easy to figure out which chunk of product info goes with which image.

I think that the rough one design would be a little more interesting if you made the image size a little larger, and maybe added a transparent, darker blue vintage wallpaper design behind the product sections as a way to separate them? Just an idea that might go well with your overall aesthetic.

One more thing, the black text on your first rough feels a little dark and out of place. Maybe try white or yellow text instead?

Good luck on project 2! : )
~ Kieley Smith

Cassie_Bowers

Post by Cassie_Bowers »

I like the first rough. I think the gridded layout of the products works nice. I like your use of color in your design.
Cassandra Bowers

Eduardo_Garcia

Post by Eduardo_Garcia »

I’d go with your page 1 rough, since its much more clean.
Advice is to have rows of products be even in width, to have balance, and to reduce the text’s width length so it doesnt create much negative space

Breezy

Post by Breezy »

Hey,

I like your catalog page 1 better! Great job!
"A day without laughter is a day wasted." - Charlie Chaplin

Brianna Mick

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

I prefer your second design a little better. I think it's the larger images and nice stair-step layout.

It's a good continuation of your excellent branding and really highlights the products with large, detailed images. The stair-step is easy to follow and easy to use to guide the eye around. It also lends itself well to product information areas underneath the photos and "Buy It Now!" buttons as needed. Your design also uses contrast pretty well to in order to make the small label type easy to read.

I'd recommend making all the product images the same size, like your first two. Perhaps carry that alternating stair-step pattern all the way down. Put your labels in a unified place on all the images too. Maybe bottom left for the right floated images and bottom right for the left floated images. Also, watch your bottom margin on the italicized "From Fun Dresses to Wedding Dresses" type.

Good effort!
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262