Project 1 EG

Post links to your Project One websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
Eduardo_Garcia

Project 1 EG

Post by Eduardo_Garcia »

fjbo

Re: Project 1 EG

Post by fjbo »

I think your site works for the concept and branding that you are going for. The layout seems right. It is lacking some content so far but I think it is well done.

Your social media buttons are tend to overlap with your content, watch out for that. Make your site responsive, your site does not break a lot but is not responsive. I wanted to say your design is a bit too simple, but you are cleverly covered on that because of your brand name, so good for you.

Good work!
FJBO

FRANCISCO JAVIER BECERRA-ORTIZ

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Well, you're not wrong, it IS super B A S I C.

I'm still giggling at the concept. A website that sells any type of clothing or apparel as long as it' either black or white, no colors or imprints allowed. Fantastic! As someone who loves contrast, this design pushes a lot of my design buttons. Everything is, due to the maximal contrast, easy to see and use. Your product photos are sized right. Your navigation is a snap to use. I can read your bodycopy with my eyes closed (seriously it's burned through my eyelids). Everything is so clean, I could eat off of it.

What I find really clashes with your aesthetic though, is your logo. It's this clean, modern, thin, delicate serif type in a website full of in your face, high contrast blocks, both in terms of design and typography. It looks completely out of place here. I also think the social media links should be down below the shirt on your homepage, in a footer of some sort.

Such a fun concept. I can't wait to see your product line.
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262

kieley_smith

Post by kieley_smith »

I really like your black and white design, it conveys the basic idea perfectly. The page navigation is smooth, and seems to size up and down very nicely!

The inclusion of social media buttons is fantastic, but maybe put them in the footer or aligned against the side of the page? When centered they kind of get in the way of the page content.

Overall, you made a great web page!
~ Kieley Smith

Cassie_Bowers

Post by Cassie_Bowers »

This is a cool concept. I like how clean everything is. Like the other people that commented, the social media logos at the bottom of the page overlap the product images a little bit. But besides that I can't find anything else wrong.
Cassandra Bowers

Peelio

Post by Peelio »

The simple style of the design works well, even though there is not a lot of content, it does its job efficiently. The color scheme of black and white is a good choice -it reflects the products for sale. Try Justified or left-aligned type for the about page for extra readability of the design.
-Melissa Peel

Marco horta

Post by Marco horta »

Hi!

Your project one it coming out good the simple and clean concept it goes well with the branding very well done
Marco Horta

“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.” —Albert Einstein

Stephski

Post by Stephski »

Brilliant concept! I only wish your homepage had more content, just something to make your viewer interact with the homepage more.
Stephanie Kendziorski.