Project One Tara R.

Post links to your Project One websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
BecomeAHero

Project One Tara R.

Post by BecomeAHero »

Here is what I've put together for Project One so far! Let me know what you think!

http://www.grc275.com/student/spring_20 ... index.html
Written, read, and approved by:
Tara Rinehart

selvester

Re: Project One Tara R.

Post by selvester »

This website makes me want my bed and a movie, right now.

I really like the striped background image you have, it contrasts the purple header. Your navigation is easy to use but the cart button could be a bit closer to the nav bar. Good Job!
Cheers,
Hannah Selvey

Breezy

Post by Breezy »

Hey,

Love the color scheme! I would watch your margins on your cart, it feels very squished in the corner. Great job over all!
"A day without laughter is a day wasted." - Charlie Chaplin

Brianna Mick

HouseStark

Post by HouseStark »

Hi Tara, Nice layout with color choices that work well and like the stripped background. Just a little issue with your drop down but other than that nice job.
Michele Keast Ott

“Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” – Galadriel, Lord of the Rings

fjbo

Post by fjbo »

It is pretty cute.

I think your site is very basic and simple, in a good way. I like the colors. The CSS hover effects for the menu are pretty cool.

There is some room for improvement in terms of branding, typography, imagery and responsiveness. I think your text could be better with a white background instead of pink. You are in the right direction for sure.

Good job!
FJBO

FRANCISCO JAVIER BECERRA-ORTIZ

Eduardo_Garcia

Post by Eduardo_Garcia »

Great layout design! The color scheme is intriguing, and the navigation is easy to see and use. Simplistic,yet appealing!
Advice would be to center navigation and the text above the product images, place the cart lower, instead of at the top, and to increase font size of content text.

Peelio

Post by Peelio »

Yay, sleep!

The website design is simple and flows well. Be careful of typos. The design could go together better if there were more visual elements to unify the design.
-Melissa Peel

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Cool. You kept the bedroom aesthetic from your roughs. The colors are just perfect on this thing. They have a feel of a baroque bedroom or something you might find when they have a non-minimalist house in Architectural Digest. They work well together, as analogous colors often do. Your relaxing semi-motivational poster imagery goes well too. Almost like photos or prints that would be on the wall of that bedroom. I also really like your product names. They make me smile. Good choice on the jars too. They really go with your design look and feel. I like your choice of serif type as well. It's warm and comforting, like a blanket.

I think it would have looked better if the background wallpaper was a fixed background image and the whole site scrolled over the top of it. Your dropdown menu is a little narrow. It's causing some of your button text to stack. Also, the drop down menu buttons are not vertically centered. Your top menu shifts to the left on your inner pages.

Nice work!
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262

kieley_smith

Post by kieley_smith »

I love your color scheme, light and fluffy like a cloud, but with that calming deep purple. Perfect~ I also really like how you edited the "sleep" into your product images. It looks really nice and goes perfectly with the rest of the page. (also, haha, dead Link. XD)

The only critique I can think of is that I notice the positioning of links on your navigation bar move around between pages, which can be a little confusing when you first glance at it.

Great job on project 1!
~ Kieley Smith

Cassie_Bowers

Post by Cassie_Bowers »

I like the striped background and the colors you chose. The smoke in the jars looks really cool. The only critique I have is that the type in the nav bar moves around a little bit between each page.
Cassandra Bowers