Project 1

Post links to your Project One websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
kieley_smith

Project 1

Post by kieley_smith »

It's a little late, but here's my project 1 website! :)

http://www.grc275.com/student/spring_20 ... index.html
~ Kieley Smith

selvester

Re: Project 1

Post by selvester »

This product is awesome! The images you've chosen really represent the product well and the website itself is nicely coded . You might try a blue accent color instead of the lime green. Great Work!
Cheers,
Hannah Selvey

Breezy

Post by Breezy »

Hey,

I really like the toxic green you used, it gives the website an evil scientist feel! I would maybe make your logo a little larger.
"A day without laughter is a day wasted." - Charlie Chaplin

Brianna Mick

HouseStark

Post by HouseStark »

This is a fun website and what a fun concept. I would have to agree that the logo could be larger, but the type could be a tad smaller, but leave the Gene-Co title big like it is. Nice work!
Michele Keast Ott

“Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” – Galadriel, Lord of the Rings

fjbo

Post by fjbo »

Better late than never.

Your site is great to be honest. The green/black combo always gets me. The imagery is like eye-candy really. Your products, branding, tone is just very good and cool.

Just work in layout and responsiveness, because it is a very cool website, but there is times that is just off. Also watch for text readability. Green is a weird color I think is one of the most unstable colors for both print and electronics. So when you combine green with white you have to have the right saturation and brightness for your green to make it work. The pure green end of the gradient makes the white text very hard to read, just be careful with that.

Very nice, very nice!
FJBO

FRANCISCO JAVIER BECERRA-ORTIZ

Eduardo_Garcia

Post by Eduardo_Garcia »

Interesting product to sell!
The highlighting navigation buttons are great, and the color scheme is very appealing!
For the "Cloning" page, advice would be to reduce the size of the green block around "MORALLY" and center the text.

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Oooof. Disurbing!

Just a great use on contrast on this one. The black background serves as the perfect backer. Your green serves as a framing element and does a good job of dividing up the content. The white draws the eye to critical information like the navigation and bodycopy. You're really using margin in a good way, too. Everything is not too close and not too far from one another. Really good use of typography throughout as well. I like your choice of sans-serif typeface and the way you used weight to create emphasis. Being sans-serif, it's super easy to read. Both the primary and secondary navigations are easy to find, see, and use. I think my favorite bit is the fact that they've been sued so many times they have a page addressing it. So dubious and ethically compromised.

I think it would look better if the green gradient were toned back a bit. Leave the footer bright green as a framing element, but tone done the height and brightness of the gradient. Also, instead of centering your bodycopy, I think it would have looked better justified.

Gives me the willies, this one does! Good job!
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262

Peelio

Post by Peelio »

The design and colors are solid. Using justified or left-aligned type in the Gene-Co "About Us" section could make it easier to read. The design works/flows well! The gfx create interest.
-Melissa Peel

Cassie_Bowers

Post by Cassie_Bowers »

I really like the green and black colors and the logo you made works well with the sites design. The only critique I have is the logo clips the top of the page a bit.

Also, you asked about how I did the blood looking spots on the images in my website. It is actually a paper texture that I found on google. Just put it in a layer on top of the picture you want it over in Photoshop then go to the layers panel and click the dropdown menu to the left of the master opacity, then hit "multiply". You could also create the same effect with brushes, just google free watercolor brushes then use them like a stamp.
Cassandra Bowers

Marco horta

Post by Marco horta »

Hello!

Very well done nice color selections this website turns out really nice congratulations, I love the contrast you have grated on you design a good job.
Marco Horta

“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.” —Albert Einstein