Project 1~ Final

Post links to your Project One websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
Marco horta

Project 1~ Final

Post by Marco horta »

Hello everyone!

Thank you all for your inputs on my project one roughs. I have made some changes based on your inputs. I hope you like it please let me know if you find anything wrong thank you.

here is the link to project one's final: http://www.grc275.com/student/spring_20 ... /#homepage
Marco Horta

“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.” —Albert Einstein

HouseStark

Re: Project 1~ Final

Post by HouseStark »

Hi Marco,

Visually this website is very appealing and goes great with your product choice. Makes me want Spring to arrive. Nice layout and easy to navigate. Very nice work!
Michele Keast Ott

“Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” – Galadriel, Lord of the Rings

kieley_smith

Post by kieley_smith »

Your website turned out great! It looks very clean and professional. I really love the effect that the semi-transparent backgrounds of each section has with the image background, always letting you see flowers. : ) I also really appreciate the inclusion of a map, instead of just typing out an address and letting the viewer google it themselves.

Mechanically, the website flows very nicely, the only thing I might suggest being a "back to top" button when the user's scrolled down to the lower sections of the screen. Although, the site's short enough that it doesn't really need it. Great work, and good luck on project 2!
~ Kieley Smith

Breezy

Post by Breezy »

Hey,

I love this website! it makes me so happy because of all of the green! Great job!
"A day without laughter is a day wasted." - Charlie Chaplin

Brianna Mick

selvester

Post by selvester »

ooooo Marco nice work! This website looks wonderful and I love transparent background boxes. The gold accents make the website look very professional and your nav is easy accessible to your user. I don't know what I would change... Good job!
Cheers,
Hannah Selvey

fjbo

Post by fjbo »

Very Good!

Love it! It has a lot of eye candy, the color palette is very classy and really aims for a specific audience. Big fan of the fixed background image. The site is responsive. It has very nice details. Text is very legible. I think it works very well.

Not much to add really, nicely done!
FJBO

FRANCISCO JAVIER BECERRA-ORTIZ

Eduardo_Garcia

Post by Eduardo_Garcia »

Great website, the color scheme and overall design are very appealing.
I agree with kieley, would be convenient to have a "back-to-top" button.

Peelio

Post by Peelio »

The design is brought together well with all of the unifying gfx -the gold borders match the business logo. The website design is simple and easy to navigate, what one would expect from a commercial website. The type at the bottom of the products section would be easier to read if it was not center-aligned.
-Melissa Peel

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Another great scroller! You guys are really hitting home runs here.

What really gets me about this one is how lush it is. That's partially the perfectly chosen photographs and partially the perfectly chosen colors. Excellent job on both! This one probably has the best use of transparency of any of the websites I've seen in this class so far. It lets that great garden image in the background shine through. Hand in hand with that use of transparency is your use of drop shadow. It adds a depth and texture to your whole layout that really ties everything together. I also like your type selections the bold, thick serif and the thinner sans-serif type work well together. Nicely done on the smooth scrolling it too. That's a strong effect that lends the whole website weight.

Where I think it falls down a bit is the center aligned serif type under the Products and About Us sections. You have a nice, justified, sans-serif home area bodycopy so it feels a little jarring to see the opposite in sections immediately below. I think it would look much better done up like your home area text.

Great work!
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262

Cassie_Bowers

Post by Cassie_Bowers »

Your website looks so nice! It looks pretty much finished. I like the semi-transparent green boxes around the type, it makes the type pop and I like that you can still see the background image. The gold borders look nice and professional too.
Cassandra Bowers