Project 1

Post links to your Project One websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
chaytothet

Project 1

Post by chaytothet »

Sorry, I forgot to post here on Friday, but I'm all finished!

chaytothet

Re: Project 1

Post by chaytothet »

kieley_smith

Post by kieley_smith »

Wow, that scrolling effect on the bottom two images looks super cool! The bottom-most image seems like it might need a little work to look as good as the gun, though, when not zoomed in the faces of the picture's subjects don't show (on the school computers, monitor sizing is weird). Very sleek, I like the black and white colors to go with the timeframe you're shooting for. It looks great! : )
~ Kieley Smith

selvester

Post by selvester »

oooo that parallax scrolling is a nice touch at the end of the website. I also like the image trace theme you've got going on and your font choice! The header is a bit fuzzy, did you export as a .png or .gif? Great work!
Cheers,
Hannah Selvey

Breezy

Post by Breezy »

Hey,

Awesome website! I love the gangster feel you got going on! One thing I noticed was on the larger monitors your bottom photo of the mobsters, you can only see their feet. I would move the photo down a notch. Great job love it!
"A day without laughter is a day wasted." - Charlie Chaplin

Brianna Mick

HouseStark

Post by HouseStark »

I really like the overall feel to your website, the black and white theme goes well with your product. The scrolling is very nice, just a small issue on the last body of text, on my computer the type goes beyond the box and onto the image. Nice work!
Michele Keast Ott

“Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” – Galadriel, Lord of the Rings

fjbo

Post by fjbo »

Real OG

This site is awesome, I like the concept. I really think your website ended up better than the roughs, so good job there. I like that you went black and white instead of sepia and saturated dark colors. The visual effects are pretty fun.

Just be careful with your layout. It feels a bit off at times. Other than that very good job!
FJBO

FRANCISCO JAVIER BECERRA-ORTIZ

Eduardo_Garcia

Post by Eduardo_Garcia »

Great site!
the color scheme is great, and the scrolling effect is amazing!
Advice would be to distance Logo and navigation, since they overlap when hovering over the "Home" and "About Us" nav buttons.

Peelio

Post by Peelio »

The website header and gfx are a nice addition to the design. The about us section is clever. Overall, the structure of the design is loose. The elements of the page, the images and font size are almost too large, they dominate the page and restrict information gathering.
-Melissa Peel

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Oh this is a fun one! That name ...

You've done a really good job making it look like a modernized old timey newspaper. Typographically it's working quite well. The blend of serif typefaces you chose work well together. They even work well with the sans-serif logo type. Your photo choices are quite inspired too and served to reinforce and expand upon your text. I like some of the fun little technical details you've got going on here. Nice work feeding in a live external font. And the parallaxing adds a great bit of visual interest. Nice work on the dropdowns. I like the big dropdown block you have under "About Us". This whole website is such a neat little period piece. I can just hear old Italian music looking at it.

I'm not 100% a fan of the posterized images, but I get why you did them. You have a couple of spots, most notably on your Wisdom from the Original Gangster page (right before Al Capone goes to town on some dude's skull), where your paragraphs run together. A little spacing between 'em would help. I also think the "This Site is Endorsed by..." section could have used another photo on the left below the first one.

Che grande!
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262