Project 1 Final, by FJBO

Post links to your Project One websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
fjbo

Project 1 Final, by FJBO

Post by fjbo »

It's alive!

The Onyx website is now available online at http://www.grc275.com/student/spring_20 ... rtiz/onyx/.

Thanks for all of your feedback!
FJBO

FRANCISCO JAVIER BECERRA-ORTIZ

kieley_smith

Re: Project 1 Final, by FJBO

Post by kieley_smith »

This site looks really clean and cool! (I especially like how you edited the images you used to go with your site elements.) . The grey and blue color scheme works very well with your science fiction concept, and the "jetpack" navigation on the home page looks great. (and stays together with resizing better than my image rows, super jealous. X D)

As far as navigation goes, I really like the expanded look, however at first glance it was a little confusing where the home button was, so you might want to add a home button to the vertical list along with the about and product links. : )

Project one looks great, so good luck with project 2! : )
~ Kieley Smith

selvester

Post by selvester »

I love your website, the matte black theme is killer. The images and pages are laid out nicely and I think the single menu button works really well here. My only critique is to add a home button to your menu, so you can go back and forth from your additional pages. Nicely done!
Cheers,
Hannah Selvey

Breezy

Post by Breezy »

Hey,

Really like your layout and color scheme! I would make your text a tiny bit brighter as it is a little hard to read. Also you need a home button. Great job!
"A day without laughter is a day wasted." - Charlie Chaplin

Brianna Mick

HouseStark

Post by HouseStark »

I really like the look and feel of this website. Home button which has been mentioned, and the text seems to get a little lost especially "cart" and your footer. Maybe a steel blue grey color - color out of the image to tie it together. Font style works well with the product choice. Great work!
Michele Keast Ott

“Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” – Galadriel, Lord of the Rings

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Nice! I like the simple layout combined with extra visual detail to give the whole thing texture. It seems easy enough to pull content from and the gray background is a great neutral starting point to show whatever you'd like against. This is readily apparent in your inner pages. The full page image combined with a screened text area is a really strong look. The images serve to reinforce and expand upon the text. They do a good job establishing who you're dealing with here.

I'm not sure you need a hamburger menu at computer size, though. The whole point of a hamburger menu is to save room on the limited screen real estate of a phone. On a comuter they just make navigation more difficult. I think it would have worked better with buttons at computer scale. I think your homepage live type could have used a little more CSS detailing to match your image type. I also wish the big jetpack graphics lead me somewhere.

A good start!
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262

Peelio

Post by Peelio »

The design is sleek and very sci-fi-esk. The design seems to fit the product well. That is exciting and the design seems to flow but the website does not explain what the product is very well.
-Melissa Peel

Eduardo_Garcia

Post by Eduardo_Garcia »

Interesting product to sell. Great color scheme and layout design!
Advice to give is to enlarge the "About" and "Why" buttons, to increase noticeability. "Home" button on navigations needed.

Cassie_Bowers

Post by Cassie_Bowers »

I like how futuristic your website looks. Your logo is really cool and works well with the rest of the site. Like others said, I agree it needs a home button.
Cassandra Bowers

Marco horta

Post by Marco horta »

hey Cisco!

I really like your design it is really attractive, modern and clearly original. The hamburger menu makes your website compatible with mobile devices. Overall this is a well-done from layout to typography great job.
Marco Horta

“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.” —Albert Einstein