Project 1 Final

Post links to your Project One websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
Cassie_Bowers

Project 1 Final

Post by Cassie_Bowers »

Here is the link to my project one website. I'm still drawing all the pictures for it. So far I have a somewhat decently rendered basket. Still a lot I want to do with this website.

http://www.grc275.com/student/spring_20 ... ra_bowers/
Cassandra Bowers

selvester

Re: Project 1 Final

Post by selvester »

hey Cassie!

I think this website is coming along nicely. I love the colors you've chosen as well as the cube graphics. Your content on the product/about pages seem to be quite narrow though. This may just be a width problem. Overall nice work so far!
Cheers,
Hannah Selvey

Breezy

Post by Breezy »

Hey,

I really enjoy your website, I would bring in an element that gives your website visual depth seeing as its a little flat right now. Great job over all!
"A day without laughter is a day wasted." - Charlie Chaplin

Brianna Mick

kieley_smith

Post by kieley_smith »

I love your color scheme, the pinks and blues go great together, with the blue being dark enough to avoid the "cutesy" baby colors trap. Your images are ADORABLE. I especially like the crumpled, bloodstained poster look of the images in your slider. ...If you used a brush for that blood, might I know the name of it? : )

As for actual critiques, I only have a few notes. I feel like the vertical space of your article blocks is a bit too much for the amount of text and the current image size. Of course, I'm not sure what the intended size of your images will be, so that could very easily take care of itself! Perhaps a larger font size on your body copy would fill up the space more? Additionally, a "return to home" button would be nice when the user's on the lower parts of the page, and the arrows on the slider might look nice if they were slightly larger? I dunno, lots to play with!

Your concept and execution is great, nice work!
~ Kieley Smith

fjbo

Post by fjbo »

It's Looking good!

I like the design consistency across your whole layout. The colors are right on point for a solid branding identity. Your navigation is very smooth (literally). The styling is very solid as well.

Unfortunately, your site still feels rough. Pay special attention to typography, your layout (grid), and responsiveness.

I can see that the strongest on your site will be the imagery, which is very good just make sure to follow the 50/50 rule so your imagery compensates for the simplicity of your current design. Have in mind that negative space is not necessarily good in a website, since it reduces the amount of elements (or information) that a user can see at a time. That's when the 50/50 rules comes in handy when you really want users to see a specific block of text at a time, because you are communicating the rest of the message through imagery.

Please don't get me wrong I think your site is heading in the right direction and I like the smooth-scrolling feature that you added.
FJBO

FRANCISCO JAVIER BECERRA-ORTIZ

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Awwww, baby Companion Cubes in a basket. How adorbs.

You've got yourself a pretty decently built little single page scroller here. I really do like your chosen colors. They're working well in the browser window. There's good contrast between 'em without being jarring. The dark teal in particular is a nice color that calms the user (or test subject) and lulls them into a false sense of security about what's really going on here. I like the use of the slider to add dynamism to the "home" page. I'm curious to see what content you come up with for the slides. Good use of a smooth scroll as well I like your font choice. It goes well with your subject matter and really sells that fake SPCA logo (still a great gag). I like the use of the distressed texturing in the navigation and imagery. It gives the whole composition just a little bit of extra visual interest. Only a partial refund if your cube speaks though?

It does feel more than a little unfinished, but I suspect I need to word my instructions better for Project Once since I've seen this on several of sites now. On your inner "pages" you should have a link to take your users back to the "home" page or a sticky top menu that sticks to the top of the browser window as the user scrolls down. I think some light textures or gradients in the background of your pages, similar to your images, though a little softer and laid back. I also think your navigation text is a little small and thin. I think it would have been bigger about 0.25em bigger and bold like your headlines. Speaking of your headlines, they would have looked a little cleaner if they were aligned the same as the bodycopy. I'd also enlarge the corner companion cube symbol so that it's a little more like your rough.

Not bad!
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262

Peelio

Post by Peelio »

The website design is visually interesting and appealing. The gfx give a unified look and feel. The about us text columns, being viewed at 1 inch wide on the computer browser are extremely hard to decipher, (although the text is hilarious.) Hopefully the small columns are not an intended design aspect.
-Melissa Peel

Eduardo_Garcia

Post by Eduardo_Garcia »

Great website!
The color scheme and nav are great!
A back to top button would be great!

Stephski

Post by Stephski »

Hi Cassandra,

Your website looks nice, I like the size of your slideshow. You stayed away from the full-width sliders that seem to be all over the web now, I think that's great!
I look forward to seeing your website with more content.
Stephanie Kendziorski.

Marco horta

Post by Marco horta »

hello!

Nice work, your website looks great, very nice color pallet selection. I recommend changing the font size a bit bigger. congratulation it is working out really nice.
Marco Horta

“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.” —Albert Einstein