Project one Lea

Post links to your Project One websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
ltrueworthy

Project one Lea

Post by ltrueworthy »

Here is my project one website. I am still fixing somethings like sizing and spacing but the look is still what i was going for.

http://www.grc275.com/student/spring_20 ... rueworthy/
Lea Trueworthy

selvester

Re: Project one Lea

Post by selvester »

Your rock images are awesome, those crystals really sparkle against the white background. Your nav is super easy to use and I like those ice crystals that pop out of the buttons on hover. I feel as though if you size the images down a bit, you wouldn't have the spacing issue you're talking about. Nice job.
Cheers,
Hannah Selvey

HouseStark

Post by HouseStark »

The crystal rocks really pop off the page with the white background, and your website is easy to navigate. Looking good!
Michele Keast Ott

“Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” – Galadriel, Lord of the Rings

kieley_smith

Post by kieley_smith »

Ooooh, pretty rocks. Your layout is simple and effective, I like it a lot! I especially like how you've made the crystals show up on the nav buttons when the user hovers over it.

I see what you mean with the spacing issue. As a possible solution, why don't you try putting both images on each side in the same rectangular png file? that way they'd grow and shrink together when the page is resized. Great job, and good luck moving forward! : )
~ Kieley Smith

Breezy

Post by Breezy »

Hey,
Oo shiny! I love the images and your roll overs! I would but some sort of background in just to give it some visual depth. Great job!
"A day without laughter is a day wasted." - Charlie Chaplin

Brianna Mick

fjbo

Post by fjbo »

Rocks!

Again, I really like the use of color and the high-contrast design that your rocks brings up. The Horror Ipsum is super hilarious. I think you are heading the right track on this one. The style is rock solid.

I think your layout needs more work which I believe you are gonna get by Project 2. Other than that, good job!
FJBO

FRANCISCO JAVIER BECERRA-ORTIZ

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

So craggy! This is another one I was looking forward to coming across.

What really surprises me about this site is how well a super clean, simplified layout and design works with the material. It feels like a backlit store shelf showing off rows and rows of geodes and opals and other neat looking rocks. I never would guess it works. Score another one for contrast, I suppose. I think my favorite part of this thing though, is the little crystal that grows in on the rollovers. Such a fun little detail. The headline and logo fonts on this thing are really A-1. They're so sharp edged and blocky and they go super well with your rocks. They're also bold to call the eye right to them. I actually don't mind the sans-serif bodycopy. I think it works okay with the material.

The home page text does get kicked pretty far down by the collapsing rock images on some monitors. And the design does get a little spread out on some of your pages. I also don't care for the different sized underlines on your nav and page headlines. I think and equal thickness underline would work better.

Nicely done!
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262

Eduardo_Garcia

Post by Eduardo_Garcia »

Hello,
Great design, the layout is simplistic and appealing!
Advice is to distance the top-left rock from the text a bit, and to increase font size of text.

Peelio

Post by Peelio »

The design is off to a good start. The design is strong, future tweaks as you mentioned, should help a lot. The logo and the crystals that appear when you click are fun and interesting! The interactive catalog took some time to figure out -more direction could be helpful to viewers.
-Melissa Peel

Stephski

Post by Stephski »

Nice work Lea! Your homepage looks clean. You did great on positioning the elements on that page! And that navigation hover effect is awesome! I would just add a link page around your logo, some people click on the logo to go back to the navigation.
Stephanie Kendziorski.