Project One - Final

Post links to your Project One websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
Stephski

Project One - Final

Post by Stephski »

Good evening everyone,

Below is the link to my website:

- http://www.grc275.com/student/spring_20 ... ndziorski/

Cheers!
Stephanie Kendziorski.

selvester

Re: Project One - Final

Post by selvester »

I love this site, the orange, white, and green color are so pretty together. The hamburger menu you had installed is wonderful too, I like that bubble effect it gives. I'm also fond of the white line scrolling down the website, it's a nice subtle touch. Be careful with your button placement though, the hoodie button overlaps the product description. Great work!
Cheers,
Hannah Selvey

HouseStark

Post by HouseStark »

I really like the color combination and the streamlined look of your website. Everything is nicely laid out, just a little issue of button placement. Really like the movement of your hamburger menu. Nice work!
Michele Keast Ott

“Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” – Galadriel, Lord of the Rings

kieley_smith

Post by kieley_smith »

I adore your layout and color choices, the whole design looks very fresh and unique, it seems like it'd work fantastically on mobile. The expanding menu is also really cool, and I like how it follows you on your little journey through the site, so you don't have to go looking for it.

I scoured this site for something useful to say, and the only thing I found is that the buy it button placement overlaps with the description text a bit on my monitor, and the "home" button doesn't seem to move the page no matter where I am.

Your website is amaaazzziiiinnggg, great job!
~ Kieley Smith

Breezy

Post by Breezy »

Hey,

I really really like your website, its so pretty! To me the only thing I might think about is that it feels and looks more like a pamphlet or flyer than a website. Great job overall!
"A day without laughter is a day wasted." - Charlie Chaplin

Brianna Mick

fjbo

Post by fjbo »

Ironic!

It think the irony is very funny. After reading the "About Us" section I can see why.

I like the smooth scrolling, the interactive/animated menu and the scrolling navigation. The design really holds your personal style. I like that you worked the styling for your headlines, it's working better.

Just two things that I feel needs some work: Responsiveness and Navigation. The site is strictly coded for an iMac screen size and resolution. It does not work on different devices. Also, the site feels more like an informational site than a store (I understand that this part of the whole project did not included the store part into it, so just a heads up).

I really want to see where do you take your project to, Very good job!
FJBO

FRANCISCO JAVIER BECERRA-ORTIZ

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

So are you? Neurotic, I mean.

Lol. You've got a great website here, Stephanie. You're taking your usual minimalism and tweaking it a bit with diagonal backgrounds and a tighter overall layout. I like the way the blue diagonals direct the eye at critical items; the title, the products, etc. Your typography is exceptional, both from a design perspective and technically. Nice use of CSS rotation on your live type "Welcome" text. Your usual pastel colors serve you well here. They're just dark enough I don't loose the type in them. The blue makes for an excellent complimentary contrast to move the eye around. I also think the logo is great. It reminds me of so many dubious tech companies and hipster clothing brands. Perfect. Just perfect.

My only real critique is that I don't think it needs the hamburger menu at computer resolution. Hamburger menus are all about conserving precious screen real estate on a phone. On a computer you have a little more room to breathe. Use it.

Fantastic work!
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262

Eduardo_Garcia

Post by Eduardo_Garcia »

The website is amazing!
Especially to use of the navigations, it is just great to use!
The use of contrast in the color scheme is eye catching!

Peelio

Post by Peelio »

The design is eye-catching! The hamburger menu is a fun design element. The round shape ties it to the page elements.
-Melissa Peel

Cassie_Bowers

Post by Cassie_Bowers »

I love the orange color you picked out for your site, it goes well with the blue and white. I also like the line animation that goes throughout your entire site. Your logo works well with the rest of the site too. I can't see anything you need to change your site looks really good.
Cassandra Bowers