Project 1 Final

Post links to your Project One websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
AboutDead

Project 1 Final

Post by AboutDead »

Hello everyone, here is my final for project 1. I will be updating it for this next project to better fit the overall look and feel I am going for. Any all feedback is appreciated!

http://www.grc275.com/student/spring_20 ... varado/#en
Sarah Alvarado - Graphic Designer, Illustrator, and Monster Enthusiast

“...to all the monsters in my nursery: May you never leave me alone.”
― Guillermo del Toro, The Strain

selvester

Re: Project 1 Final

Post by selvester »

I really enjoy the color scheme in your website, especially that light tan color! Your logo really stands out on the webpage and your website in general looks very professional.

Looks like you have the basic coding done which is most of the work, although your div spacing could use some cleaning up.
Cheers,
Hannah Selvey

HouseStark

Post by HouseStark »

Hi Sarah,

Your website is coming along very nicely. Like the color choices and really like your logo. Nice layout too! Nice work!
Michele Keast Ott

“Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” – Galadriel, Lord of the Rings

kieley_smith

Post by kieley_smith »

Your site came together very nicely, I'd love to pick up some nice crystals from the shop! : ) The color scheme works very well, and brings the lovely simple design to a whole new level.

When moving forward on project two, you might want to take a look at how some of the divs overlap horizontally. (although I'm super guilty of that too. XD) I have a tiny screen, so my default is 125% magnification, and when zoomed in the main trouble spots I noticed were the language and currency buttons overlapping, and the product menu moving into the homepage picture. Other than those, the site looks great, good luck with the next project! : )
~ Kieley Smith

Breezy

Post by Breezy »

Hey,

I really like this website, it feels very professional. I would bring in some more color because its feeling a little opaque. Great job over all!
"A day without laughter is a day wasted." - Charlie Chaplin

Brianna Mick

fjbo

Post by fjbo »

It feels real!

Your site is very good I think you have a very solid concept in mind that you are pursuing. The whole site feels proportional, refined, and realistic (even the niche of your store). I can see that you have planned your site very thoughtfully. Your interactivity and small big details you added makes the site feel trustfully (except for the witchcraft stuff, jk).

The Branding is basically done and spread all across your site very effectively. The only things that I think you need to work on is basically on the responsiveness of your site. Other than that I really want to see this site completed.

Very good job!
FJBO

FRANCISCO JAVIER BECERRA-ORTIZ

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Looking good, "Almost Dead". You've got a super clean layout that's easy to pull info off of. It's a bright witchy site? Odd indeed. Your pictures are providing good visual texture and your primary and two secondary navigations are well placed. I especially like the semi transparent box over your main image on your home page. It looks like you are highlighting those pages/items. I do like your parchment accent color too. I works well with your white to create a clean, bright website that feels radiant. I actually think it's working well without a lot of subtle gradients and textures, contra my advice in preliminary critique. Nice use of strokes to separate everything out too.

Your search dropdown could use a white background. It would have worked better with some absolute positioning, I think. It's floats are shifting everything around. Your inner page content is off center to the left. It needs to be under the image. Your top navigation buttons needed to be centered in their vertical bars. They all seem shifted to the right a bit. There's a lot of room at the bottom of your composition. Does it need all that?

Good work!
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262

Eduardo_Garcia

Post by Eduardo_Garcia »

Great website!
The addition of options in language, currency and a login really make the website professional!
The color scheme, logo, and layout really make make for an intriguing design!

Peelio

Post by Peelio »

The logo's type is interesting and the logo is a strong visual element. Incorporating more elements that are similar could give the design a more "Dusken Path" feel, a sense of immersion for the viewer. The colors of the gfx and type are harmonious with the image which is good use of color.
-Melissa Peel

Cassie_Bowers

Post by Cassie_Bowers »

I ilke how clean your website is. The tan color looks nice with your images you picked. Your logo is very nice too. The only thing I see is that the paragraphs of type are shifted to the left a bit.
Cassandra Bowers