Project One Final

Post links to your Project One websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
HouseStark

Project One Final

Post by HouseStark »

Here is my project one final for everyone to look at. There will be some updates on the current pages for the next part of this project (two). Let me know what you think and appreciate any feedback.

http://www.grc275.com/student/spring_20 ... index.html

Ciao,
MKO
Michele Keast Ott

“Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” – Galadriel, Lord of the Rings

selvester

Re: Project One Final

Post by selvester »

Your website is coming together nicely. I think you chose the right rough to run with. The color scheme and the brick wall picture play off each other nicely. Your navigation for the different articles of clothing pops of the turquoise background. However I feel as though your nav should be located at the top of the website instead of at the bottom.
Cheers,
Hannah Selvey

kieley_smith

Post by kieley_smith »

I adore the color scheme you went with, so summery and vintage! I also like the typeface you chose, it goes well with the whole fashion idea. I feel like the site would benefit from having different images in each pages header, though. There's so many beautiful clothes in the world, show them off! As one last teeny tiny critique, the bottom navbar looks a little bit squished. especially compared to the spacing you used for the top navbar. Other than that, it looks great! : )
~ Kieley Smith

Breezy

Post by Breezy »

Hey,

I love the vintage feel you got going on here! I would make the images just a bit bigger but over all awesome job!
"A day without laughter is a day wasted." - Charlie Chaplin

Brianna Mick

fjbo

Post by fjbo »

Really Good Job!

Your site is very nice, has a fun color palette, consistent design, its easy to read, and has imagery.

The only thing: Responsiveness. Your site needs to be responsive.

Again, very good job!
FJBO

FRANCISCO JAVIER BECERRA-ORTIZ

Eduardo_Garcia

Post by Eduardo_Garcia »

Hello,
your website is truly appealing! The color scheme is intriguing, nav is easy to use, and the overall layout is great!
Would center text and MB logo below the images. Would have a dropdown menu for Products, to place bottom nav up top.

Peelio

Post by Peelio »

The design is colorful and uplifting. The colors tie the design together. There is a good sense of typography in the design. The design would look more uniform if the images were all the same size and format.
-Melissa Peel

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

This one just has a great feel to it. Really sets the tone for the shop.

It's colors are it's real strength. They're both modern and retro, which works great for what you are trying to establish here. There's good contrast throughout, too. The yellow and the teal work so well together. I also like the use of drop shadows throughout. And that brick texture at the top! It immediately draws the eye and makes the website look like an upcycled old building which is the kind of thing you'd find an antique store/vintage clothing shop in. Your type works well too. I especially like the use of weights and italics to establish an immediate hierarchy. Your photo collage instantly creates an aesthetic that echoes the rest of the layout and hints to consumers what kind of products they'll find inside.

Your drop shadows all seem to be coming from different light sources, though. The bottom margin on the secondary nav is way too tight. It needed more room to breathe. I think, with all of the excellent texturing and shadow work of the rest of the composition, the pages need something extra at the separation points between the header, content and footer. Maybe a drop shadow, maybe a texture shift, I'm not sure.

Nice work!
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262

Cassie_Bowers

Post by Cassie_Bowers »

The colors are so nice in this website. They really give it that vintage feel. The yellow type really pops off the blue background.
Cassandra Bowers

Marco horta

Post by Marco horta »

Hello!

I really love this retro design, very well colors combination, the typography contrasts very nicely with the background, it is clean design really easy to navigate. congratulation this site is amazing.
Marco Horta

“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.” —Albert Einstein