Project 1 Roughs

Post links to your Project One websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
Marco horta

Project 1 Roughs

Post by Marco horta »

Hello, everyone, this is Marco Horta, here are some roughs for project one. Who doesn't would like to have a nice place to relax, walk around, or just to sit down to enjoy of a beautiful view, while enjoying a cool beer or a glass of wine on a hot summer in the comfort of their own house. I have decided to create the website about landscaping Designer, so here are some basic ideas for my project one. The Company Name is Michael Hutchinson landscaping Designing. The color scheme will be the use of neutral colors, greens, and browns, so please let me know what do you think about it. What would you do to I improve my design?
Thank you.
Attachments
design_2
design_2
design_1
design_1
Index_0.jpg
Index_1.jpg
Index_2.jpg
Index_3.jpg
Marco Horta

“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.” —Albert Einstein

HouseStark

Re: Project 1 Roughs

Post by HouseStark »

Hi Marco, I really like the darker green since it makes your text and sets up the look of the website. I'm leaning towards index1 as my favorite, and my least is design 1 there is too much going on with the imagery. I like your font choices and color choices for your website. Nice layout, easy to navigate with a nice flow. Nice work and looking forward to the finished website.
Michele Keast Ott

“Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” – Galadriel, Lord of the Rings

Stephski

Post by Stephski »

Hi Marco,

As we discussed in class, I think that Index-0 and Index_1 are strong options. The background image brings an interesting texture to your design. On Index_1, you allow the colors of the image to shine through since the image is not fully covered by a layer, I really like that. You did a wonderful job on your logo also. Perhaps, if you chose that layout, you can add a tag line, similar to what you did on Index_0.
Looks great!
Stephanie Kendziorski.

selvester

Post by selvester »

I too like the feel of index.0 and index.1. The overall layouts are designed well and I love your use of transparency throughout both pages, as they add depth to your overall design. I would bring down your header like a notch or two to center it in the black box (index1). Your design skills have improved greatly Marco, great job dude! This looks awesome!
Cheers,
Hannah Selvey

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Hm. I only see home pages here. No sample inner pages? Oh well.

So, time to play a game of mix and match because I like pieces of a couple of your designs. In my opinion, the best combo is the top bar from "Index_0" and the content area from "Index_1". I really like the full background garden image with the content over the top. It gives you a lot of room to grow (garden pun) both vertically and horizontally and really does a good job of establishing what the site is about visually. It inspires potential customers about their gardens and what is possible. I also like the looks of the semi-transparent content area over the garden image. That'll look strong no matter what content you put in it. The "Index_0" top bar has the logo, mission statement and navigation all nicely laid out in one spot with generally good margins.

I don't think your nav bar needs to be a different color if it's in the green top bar. Also, watch the bottom margin on your logo. I don't think you necessarily need a bold bodycopy either.

I like what I see here!
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262

Eduardo_Garcia

Post by Eduardo_Garcia »

Hello,
Great designs, I would go with Index_0
The typography, color scheme, and easy to use nav really make the design stand out!
Advice would be to make four images adjacent, rather than leaving small space between them, and to enlarge text block to balance with the four images.

fjbo

Post by fjbo »

It's looking good!

Marco, your designs are very real-world approaches and reflect a business-oriented personality (for your sites) specially with the color palette that you came up with. I like it. I believe Index_1 and Index_2 are the most interesting proposals. Given that they both share a very similiar layout, I would say stick to it because its working. The rest comes down to color and how to display your copy.

COLORS
It's going to depend on what you want to do with this site. Index_1 color palette works best for classy audiences. The hues and tones that you have there could allow you to play a lot with depth.

For Index_2: colors is a more friendly/modern vibe that would work best for flat design.

TEXT
If I was looking for landscaping services my 2 concerns would be PRICING and STYLE, for the first one I am assuming you will have to talk to a person to figure it out, but for the latter should be the top priority for your website, therefore imagery is key. Your imagery should be highly visible to all its extent, make sure to place the image as efficiently as possible so your audience can enjoy and view all the details. In other words, make your image cover the whole background, and dont put content containers where there are not a lot of details to see (the text container position in index_2 is very very good).

Your work is very good, I am looking forward seeing this project completed.
FJBO

FRANCISCO JAVIER BECERRA-ORTIZ

AboutDead

Post by AboutDead »

Hi Marco, I am really liking the darker color palettes of index_0 and index_1. If you go with index_1 I would add something in the header since it looks like just empty space. Perhaps also increase the size of your logo since it does seem a bit small. Very nice work Marco and I can't wait to see the final product!
Sarah Alvarado - Graphic Designer, Illustrator, and Monster Enthusiast

“...to all the monsters in my nursery: May you never leave me alone.”
― Guillermo del Toro, The Strain

BecomeAHero

Post by BecomeAHero »

My favorite of the options is index_1. I think the colors in the image you've chosen pop, and the opaque background is a good balance between legibility and expressiveness. I d prefer having the social media links up in the top with your navigation though, because I think that would be a cool option for a landscaping business to have, and it would allow customer to browse previous work and comments from other clients.
Written, read, and approved by:
Tara Rinehart

chaytothet

Post by chaytothet »

I really like your second design, I feel like the bright green really brings out the beautiful aspect of the landscaping industry.

Great job!