Project 1 Roughs

Post links to your Project One websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
selvester

Project 1 Roughs

Post by selvester »

hey guys!

For my product, my boyfriend and I came up with ic-cups, an ice cube tray in the form of c-cups (boobies). I will be drawing them out over the next week but here's what I have for now. I tried to keep the designs super simple so I would have the time to actually code everything. I like both designs although I feel the first layout is more fun and eye catching. Let me know what you think!

Also, this is a 1 page scrolly website.
Attachments
homepage_rough_01.jpg
aboutpage_rough_01.jpg
homepage_rough_02.jpg
aboutpage_rough_02.jpg
Cheers,
Hannah Selvey

fjbo

Re: Project 1 Roughs

Post by fjbo »

It is an ice-breaker product for sure.

I like the homepage rough #1 (download/file.php?id=653&mode=view) and the layout in your aboutpage rough #2 (download/file.php?id=650&mode=view)

I think it gives a rough idea on the concept, but would be nice how to see how you distribute your products with your current layout. In terms of typography it is very generic, maybe try a more expressive font for headers and highlights. The colors are fine and have a nice balance between warm and cold hues and balanced contrast. Copy (content) is very easy to read with your current fonts and colors.

The product itself is very unique, but I believe your design needs to boost its personality a bit more to really support the cool product idea, I will look forward to see where you take this.
FJBO

FRANCISCO JAVIER BECERRA-ORTIZ

chaytothet

Post by chaytothet »

I really like the pop of color on the first layout, I'd stick with that one!

<3 :)

Marco horta

Post by Marco horta »

Hello, really nice work, something on your second design grasped my Attention. although it looks simple and clean. I like the symmetry you have created into your design, I would like to see your menu bar a little bigger.
Marco Horta

“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.” —Albert Einstein

HouseStark

Post by HouseStark »

I am leaning towards your layout with the pop of color. I think you could have fun with typography for the product you are doing, something fun.

I can't wait to see the finished website.
Michele Keast Ott

“Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” – Galadriel, Lord of the Rings

Stephski

Post by Stephski »

Hello!
I admire you minimalistic designs, they are colorful and pleasant to look at. I enjoy the first rough more, as some has already said, the pop of color makes your design stand out. I think this will be a great website, I look forward to seeing it once done. I don't see any changes necessary. Great job! :)
Stephanie Kendziorski.

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Hm. I actually expected these to be more risqué. It seems to be mostly punnery and hidden boobery. Subtle.

I like your first design better. Both are clean layouts that could be very easily adapted for your needs. I think it's the use of subtle drop shadows and textures, as well as the added pink color that put it over the top. Pink adds another layer to the joke. Speaking of the joke, your branding is spot on. The logo in particular is just perfect. You could plausibly argue that those half circles are, in fact not a nipple which enhances the joke. The slogan is super cringey too. Which only helps. The colors are well chosen. The blue/white/dark gray combo serving as a clean businesslike color scheme that cools the entire thing down and makes you think freezer. And then there's the pink. That pink is like 75% of the joke right there and helps with the "implications". The rest of the site is a super clean layout that works really well. I like the vector ice crystals, the well used drop shadows and textures, and and use of different colored banding to draw the eye in toward the center. Your navigation is well placed and easy to use. Your typographic choices are spot on. They're super clean and easy to read. But the joke ... The joke of it all ...

What I think the site needs is (I'm going to regret this) pictures. The layout's great and all, but we need pictures to illustrate the product, or what the product is all about. Right now, it could be boob shaped ice cream for anyone can tell at a glance.

A good start!
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262

Eduardo_Garcia

Post by Eduardo_Garcia »

Hello, great designs!
I'd go with your rough 1, the color scheme and layout really make the design look perky!
My only advice would be to change typography to more artistic/lively font, and increase font-size of nav a bit to stand out more.

AboutDead

Post by AboutDead »

Hi Hanna, I am really liking your first design. I would suggest using the about page of your second design instead of the existing one your have. I feel it works together much nicer and isn't redundant. Great job so far and I can't wait to see your finished product!
Sarah Alvarado - Graphic Designer, Illustrator, and Monster Enthusiast

“...to all the monsters in my nursery: May you never leave me alone.”
― Guillermo del Toro, The Strain

Cassie_Bowers

Post by Cassie_Bowers »

I like your first design best. I like the pink and blue contrasting with each other and I like the blue ice design around the headline. The only critique I have is to make sure the type in the nav bar are evenly spaced out.
Cassandra Bowers