project3 roughs

Post links to your Project Three websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
rmiyashiro

project3 roughs

Post by rmiyashiro »

Whelp. These are late and incomplete. Rough2 is meant to look like a job application form. I was planning on having a drop down menu in the 'influence name' area then have the rest of info fill in after a name is selected and submitted.
rough1.png
rough1-1.png
rough2.png
Ryan 'Danger' Miyashiro

Joe_Morales

Re: project3 roughs

Post by Joe_Morales »

Sorry to hear about your rough roughs but I really like the concept the one thing you'll have to focus on is strong typography! If you can make that work it could be an awesome idea. I look forward to seeing the final result!
Joe Morales

dnorwood

Post by dnorwood »

I don't know about the job app form, it just looks so cold and boring. It would need some spectacular eye-catching typography to make it come alive.The first one is interesting though with your links spread throughout the circles.
Good Luck,
Denise
Denise Norwood

kaycee_weddell

Post by kaycee_weddell »

Your designs are always so creative. I like what you have going on with your typography designs. Maybe try to make your headlines a little bigger to make them pop off your type background. Great start!
Kaycee Weddell

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

I'd toss the job application idea. Unless you really go all out with that thing, it'll look dull. Let's concentrate on your dots, shall we?

I like the visual language you are trying to establish here. The type pattern background looks like a hipster wallpaper and works well to establish a look and feel. I like where you are going with the use of the transparency, especially when it overlaps. It adds a layer of complexity to an otherwise simple design. Typographically, the navigation circles are working well, both independently and together. I also like the use of color as an eye mover, both in the blue circles and the purple inner page. I'm curious to see how it shrinks for tablet and phone.

As it stands, I'd recommend either lightening the type in the background (via color or font) or making the circles less opaque. The background type is clashing with the navigation type a bit and I'm loosing both. I think it'd look cool if the content area was a different color on every page. I think the purple on your sample inner page is a good start. Make your navigation type a little smaller, or maybe your navigation circles a little bigger. The bigger ones are bumping the edge of their containing circle a bit and it looks cramped.

A good effort!
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262

dzync88

Post by dzync88 »

I love the texture and playfulness of your design! I agree that the job app part may be a little plain for what you have going on, but I think you've got a lot of potential here. It feels trendy and definitely piques my curiosity.
Cindy Salyer

killcomicsans

Post by killcomicsans »

definitely like the circles idea better. it's got really nice eye movement with the rhythm and pattern you've created
Nikki Hillman