Project 3 Roughs

Post links to your Project Three websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
NevadaCowgirl

Project 3 Roughs

Post by NevadaCowgirl »

Here are the roughs for Project 3. I am not sure which set of 2 roughs I will go with. I did 4 layouts for the regular web page and 4 roughs of the phone layout. I think all of my designs would work together for the final project.
Attachments
project3_rough1_home.jpg
project3_rough1_about.jpg
project3_rough2_home.jpg
project3_rough2_galleries.jpg
project3_rough3_home.jpg
project3__rough3_winter_christmas_art.jpg
project3_rough4_home.jpg
project3__rough4_puzzles.jpg
Amy Zimmerman

rmiyashiro

Re: Project 3 Roughs

Post by rmiyashiro »

For your landscape layout I prefer rough1. The rainbow gradient of rough2 is too much for me eyeballs. Of your portrait layouts, I prefer the sky blue background. The text is easier to read on it.
Ryan 'Danger' Miyashiro

Joe_Morales

Post by Joe_Morales »

I like your landscape layout it lends itself to a lot of opportunities as for my critique id say the gradient backgrounds although nice don't really help me get a feel for the artist your highlighting it kind of pushes them to the foreground id try and make their work and presence more known.
Joe Morales

dnorwood

Post by dnorwood »

I prefer the colors and layout of rough 1 over the other 2. On the home page, I think making the pictures larger and the text area smaller would bring out his designs better. The second page is pretty text heavy and being spread across the whole page is uncomfortable to read. You might consider breaking it up into narrower and shorter paragraphs.
Good Luck,
Denise
Denise Norwood

kaycee_weddell

Post by kaycee_weddell »

Your designs are very similar but both turned out well. I would maybe try to use some left alignment on the type to give it more organization. Maybe try to blow up some of your images to give more of a feel for the artist. I feel like the background makes everything get a little lost. I think you have a great start! Good job!
Kaycee Weddell

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Out off all your designs, I'd say your first one is best. I like the center aligned logo/title and navigation. It has a lot of room for expansion and for placing many images of Kinkade's work. It's easy to follow and use. The title and navigation font is well chosen and lends an airy feel that reflects Kinkade's style. I like the left side "art block" on the homepage. Perhaps something to continue into the inner pages.

I would have liked to see what all of your designs would look like on a mobile device. As for your design, I'd recommend a ton more photos. Photos everywhere. More photos than you think you need. You want to show off Kinkade's art at all times. On your homepage, bring your content up a bit. There's a huge gap between it and the naviagtion. I'm also not sold on the copper background. Maybe a sky, or a faded back painting of Kinkade's. I'd also recommend shrinking the bodycopy too and left align it. Center alignments create all sorts of layout issue. I'm not sure you need two different bodycopy fonts for your pages. Just use the bodycopy font from your inner page on your home page.

A good effort!
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262

dzync88

Post by dzync88 »

I prefer your first set of roughs. They have the appearance of a light shining on them and since Kinkade was known as the "Painter of Light" it seems appropriate. I also like the font you used for his name and subheads in the first set. The background gradient colors would work well with many of his works.
Cindy Salyer

killcomicsans

Post by killcomicsans »

I like the colors and menu of the your design but would like to see what you can do with the pictures and text. Maybe think about making the pictures bigger within the space.
Nice work overall
Nikki Hillman