Project 1 Final - Finally ;)

Post links to your Project One websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
gr8ful1

Project 1 Final - Finally ;)

Post by gr8ful1 »

Sorry I'm late everyone! I had struggles with positioning with a body height set at 100%, I finally had to give up and set it to a pixel amount. So it also isn't set up to be responsive yet. Hopefully I can remedy that by the time project two comes around. The "review" box on home page is basically something I put there to give you the general idea, I plan on putting it in real text if I can get my layout figured out. Thanks!

http://www.grc275.com/student/fall_2016 ... index.html
"They say 3% of people use 5 to 6% of their brain; 97% use just 3% and the rest goes down the drain. I'll never know which one I am but I'll bet you my last dime 99% think we're 3% 100 percent of the time" - Todd Snider

Kirsten Sorensen

NevadaCowgirl

Re: Project 1 Final - Finally ;)

Post by NevadaCowgirl »

Love your color scheme for your website. Very easy to navigate.
Amy Zimmerman

dnorwood

Post by dnorwood »

I like the color scheme you have used. My only suggestion would be to decrease the height of your navigation bar by about 1/3. Right now it is just as pronounced as your business name and banner. In the type of layout you went with, the business name and banner should be most prominent for your home page. Other than that, I think you did a good job. Good luck with the responsive work on it. I haven't got that figured out on my site yet.
Denise
Denise Norwood

dzync88

Post by dzync88 »

Hi Kirsten -
This is looking great! I really like your layout - easy to see everything I'd want to explore. I like your fonts and backgrounds as well. The only thing I have a little trouble with visually is the orange text on the green box outlined in an orange, dashed stroke.
Well done!
Cindy Salyer

Joe_Morales

Post by Joe_Morales »

I like the layout very easy to follow and nice use of imagery. The bubble background is a little distracting for me its little pixelated maybe make your own so that it doesnt fragment as much or find a higher quality image. great work so far.
Joe Morales

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

I really like the colorscheme you've established here, Kristen. It's bright without being overwhelming and evokes brightly colored reefs and the equally brightly colored fish that inhabit them. You're using photos well also. Typographically, it's working pretty well too. I like the fishy font in the logo and the sans-serif bodycopy looks clean and upscale. Your navigation is easy to find and use and the rollovers give good feedback. They illustrate the "product" and tantalize the user without having expend a ton of type on exposition. Plus they reinforce the brand.

I'm not keen on the white background. I think it would have looked better if the layout was full screen. I also don't care for the crunched top logo. It would look better to separate the logo from the background image so it doesn't distort when the page is displayed on a higher resolution screen.

I like what you have here. Good work.
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262

kaycee_weddell

Post by kaycee_weddell »

Your layout is very simple and very easy to navigate which is nice. I do agree with Joe, the background imagery is a little blurry and distracting so maybe try and create your own or find a better image. Overall good job!
Kaycee Weddell