project 1 final Joe M

Post links to your Project One websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
Joe_Morales

project 1 final Joe M

Post by Joe_Morales »

Hey everyone!

This was not easy lots of breakages but heres what I got its far from perfect needs work in terms of responsiveness with changing sizes. sorry for the wait!

http://www.grc275.com/student/fall_2016 ... index.html

Joe M
Joe Morales

dnorwood

Re: project 1 final Joe M

Post by dnorwood »

This has been the most 'not easy' class I have taken. I am constantly breaking something (Not on purpose!) and having to figure out how to fix it.
Your site is coming along nicely. I like your combining the imagery from both roughs and your color scheme is great since it echos the colors of the product.
But the bright white background of the Vitality bottles seems bare and is hard on the eyes. It doesn't seem to fit in with the rest of the design. Maybe try a very light grey or another picture reduced to a watermark opacity?
The only other thing is that the social links at the top mostly disappear. You have to be looking for them to see them.
The layout itself is clean, easy to read, and easy to navigate.
Great start!
Denise
Denise Norwood

rmiyashiro

Post by rmiyashiro »

Phew. Your website vitalizes me then exhausts me then revitalizes me. The contrast and layout are terrific. It reads easily and makes me really thirsty. The only issue I have is the flavor list on the product page. The yellow against the white hurts me eyeballs. Besides that it is great.
Ryan 'Danger' Miyashiro

NevadaCowgirl

Post by NevadaCowgirl »

The yellow on the our flavors page is really bright. Other than that nicely done and easy to navigate.
Amy Zimmerman

dzync88

Post by dzync88 »

I really like your branding on this site. It carries through nicely. Also like the highlighted lines for the hover state on your nav. There are a few places where the all caps, bold text is a little too in my face, but other than that, I think it's an engaging site.
Cindy Salyer

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Wow! This website punches me in the face. In a good way. So. Much. Contrast. So. Many. Colors. Great use of contrast. The whites look super bright and the blacks look super dark. Your use of the eye-bleeding drink colors really helps seize the eyeball and move it throughout your composition. It scrapes a few rods and cones off in the process, but you can't make an omelette without breaking a few eyeballs I suppose. You also use photography super well to emphasize what your drinks are about and what they do along with pressing your brand home. Your navigation is tiny, but due to all your contrast, it works well and is easy to find. This looks like a real athletic drink website.

The big issue I have with it is margins. Everything seems super tight to the edges, both of the browser window and the bounding boxes that contain content. Things need room to breathe. You are already creating enough visual interest with your colors, give everything a little room to breathe.

Nice work, Joe.
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262

kaycee_weddell

Post by kaycee_weddell »

Great work Joe! your site looks really nice, clean, and professional. The colors all pop and make this site pop. The only issue for me is your spacing. Things seem really close to the edges and that creates a lot of empty space in the middle. Just work on your margin and padding and you'll be set.
Kaycee Weddell