Project 1 Final

Post links to your Project One websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
dnorwood

Project 1 Final

Post by dnorwood »

Denise Norwood

NevadaCowgirl

Re: Project 1 Final

Post by NevadaCowgirl »

Very nicely done. I noticed that the background picture takes a little time to upload. I don't know if it my internet that is causing it to be uploaded slowly. Can't wait for the shopping cart to be added.
Amy Zimmerman

rmiyashiro

Post by rmiyashiro »

I love the contrast between your homepage and the other pages. Clicking back and forth is enjoyable. Your elemental boarder is peaceful and inspiring. Layout is easy to follow, colors work well.
Ryan 'Danger' Miyashiro

Joe_Morales

Post by Joe_Morales »

Denis,

love how your images take a back seat as you flip through the site so the user can focus on the content of the page theyre on great idea! your "about our designs" page moves off the top of the page so i'd check that out.
Joe Morales

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Well now isn't this a nice earthy looking design. I like the photographic representation of the four elements acting as a frame around everything. The black background makes for a nice product display area for the home page while the white background enhances legibility on the inner pages. The overall design establishes a nice warm feeling and establishes what the jewelry is all about without needing to tell me in so many words. The navigation is easy to see and use and I like the typefaces overall.

I'm not sold on the uniform green color background, though. I think a nice subtle pattern might have helped there. I also go back and forth on the Photoshopped stroke around your homepage logo.

Nice work Denise!
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262

kaycee_weddell

Post by kaycee_weddell »

Denise,

Great job on your site. It looks very professional but still has a very unique design. I like the imagery. It does a nice job of framing the information and adding contrast into your design. The only thing that I noticed when I opened your site it took a long time for it to load some of the imagery and buttons. Im not sure if it was just on my end or your site. If it is your site maybe try to export your imagery again to speed it up.
Kaycee Weddell

dzync88

Post by dzync88 »

Hi Denise -
Somehow I missed commenting on your project last Friday. Anyway, I think you've done a great job giving life to your roughs! Colors are working well together and your overall design is interesting and inviting. The only thing that my eye seems to trip a little on is the font used for the business name that's also carried through on the other pages. It has an art deco feel that doesn't quite jibe with the nature theme for me. I think you're images are great and nav is working well.
Cindy Salyer