Project 1 Roughs

Post links to your Project One websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
NevadaCowgirl

Re: Project 1 Roughs

Post by NevadaCowgirl »

Either one works really well together. Keep up the good work.
Amy Zimmerman

dzync88

Post by dzync88 »

Hi Nikki -

Great designs! I really like your branding and the overall feel is contemporary and simple. I think I prefer the first set of designs for two reasons. There's just the right amount of blue to black and white and the landing page when you navigate to the product is clean and easy for me to get the info I'd be looking for.

Well done!
Cindy Salyer

BecomeAHero

Post by BecomeAHero »

Both of these are very professional looking compositions, though the two roughs are very similar. I would've liked to see more variation in layout and color for the two roughs, but you clearly have a vision for the site already!

The use of color and type is excellent. If I have to choose between the two, I prefer the first version, especially the product page. The picture of the product is large and prominent, and there's plenty of space to breathe. I do however, enjoy the transparent navigation of the second design. Perhaps you could bring that into the first version?

Good luck! Can't wait to see it!
Written, read, and approved by:
Tara Rinehart

gr8ful1

Post by gr8ful1 »

I prefer your first design, although it seems a little crowded. For a landing home page, maybe you could just have navigation to product pages, like show a shirt with a "shirts" link, hat with a "hats" link, etc. I would definitaly leave your main navigation at the top of the page like it is in your second design, It's hard to find at the bottom of the page. I like you color scheme and fonts, and I absolutely think this is the greatest idea ever!! I'd totally buy both of those shirts!! :)
"They say 3% of people use 5 to 6% of their brain; 97% use just 3% and the rest goes down the drain. I'll never know which one I am but I'll bet you my last dime 99% think we're 3% 100 percent of the time" - Todd Snider

Kirsten Sorensen