Project 1 roughs

Post links to your Project One websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
Joe_Morales

Project 1 roughs

Post by Joe_Morales »

Hello everyone!
Now for my project I decided to go with a sports drink company that sells the made up drink Vitality. For my two versions I tried to give them each a unique feel with the content. My first version utilizes photographs more to sell the product by pushing that these drinks are for serious athletes who want to compete sticking to dark imagery throughout the pages. As for my second rough idea I wanted it to appear more of a healthy drink meant for re-energizing using the color from the sports drinks and using less images to give the pages a softer but still sporty feel. Personally I feel i can push either concept further into either intense or sporty please let me know your thought on either rough any feedback helps.
Attachments
sports!
sports!
Sports!
Sports!
Colors!
Colors!
Colors!
Colors!
Joe Morales

rmiyashiro

Re: Project 1 roughs

Post by rmiyashiro »

Damn, dawg. Both these designs are excellent. It's tough for me to decide but I gotta say your first design works better for me. The contrast is good and it really makes me wanna drink what you selling. But I really like what you've done with the rainbow vertical stripes of the second one. Go with the second design.
Ryan 'Danger' Miyashiro

awesomeMF

Post by awesomeMF »

Joe,

I like both sites, but if I HAD to pick one - it would be the second design. It is about the product, and as you know - we are designing a site for a product. I like your use of hierarchy with the fonts - big and bold for the important stuff. Your use of color and content make me want to know more about the product. I like the clean layout. Buttons for social media - awesome. You did an excellent job!
"Tell me, I'll forget. Show me, I might remember. Involve me, and I'll understand" – quote from some smart asian guy
Rosa Rodriguez

dnorwood

Post by dnorwood »

This is the easiest critique I will have made for this class. Both of these designs are exceptionally well done. Couldn't you have left something...any little thing... for us to find fault with?
I do like version one best, because even though you are obviously selling a product, you are also showing human interaction. This makes it feel more consumer friendly. Version two would be great for other advertising media though.
Great Job!
Denise
Denise Norwood

BecomeAHero

Post by BecomeAHero »

Both of these are really strong, congratulations!

The first design looks very similar to a lot of sport websites, and other energy drink sites; heavy in imagery and very focused on the consumer.

However, I believe the second design is more striking and unique. The use of color immediately draws the eye and the sight itself evokes the energy you're going for with the product. And the flow of color in the design carries over awesomely into the product page, so it's my favorite of the two!
Written, read, and approved by:
Tara Rinehart

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

You've got yourself a good set of designs here, Joe.

I prefer your first design. I like the use of contrast throughout. Your imagery is strong and really illustrates both your brand and what your product does to and for people. The red, white, and black colorscheme is very strong. It dominates the eye and helps lead the eye through your document. Your navigation is easy to find and use. Your fonts generally work well and establish a visual and navigational hierarchy. The entire site has a strong sense of brand. I know your product, know what it's about, and know what it's for without having to read a single word.

I would recommend a sans-serif type for your bodycopy. Maybe a not bold version of your navigation type. The serifs clash a bit with your layout. Maybe play with introducing some other colors into the different pages as well since you've established so many with your different flavors.

Great job!
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262

kaycee_weddell

Post by kaycee_weddell »

Joe,

Both designs are really good! I think the energy drink concept turned out really well. The colors really pop off the page with the color scheme you have chose. I really like the first concept with all the drinks side by side. They create a good contrast against the white. I am excited to see what you do with this when you put the site together. Great job.
Kaycee Weddell

NevadaCowgirl

Post by NevadaCowgirl »

I like both versions. They are easy to navigate and gets right to the point. Maybe you could combine the two. You could add the color of each flavor when they click on it to read more about the flavor.
Amy Zimmerman

dzync88

Post by dzync88 »

I think both designs are excellent but I'm leaning toward the v1 because of the interaction between the imagery and the product colors. You've got some really nice contrast going on and it looks very professional - no surprise there! :)
Cindy Salyer

ravennvrmre

Post by ravennvrmre »

I like both designs but i would go with the top one, it more clean. The other ones a little too colorful so it looks like it would target kids more. Great start though.
Vicki Miller