project 1 - preliminary

Post links to your Project One websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
vtat

project 1 - preliminary

Post by vtat »

Hello!

Here's my layout for the first project... :)
minimal_home.png
minimal_page.png
green_main.png
green_page.png
Vy Tat

brienicole

Re: project 1 - preliminary

Post by brienicole »

I really like the white one! its cleaner and more "airy" haha
Brie Porterfield

- Time isn’t a straight line. It’s all… bumpy-wumpy. There’s loads of boring stuff. Like Sundays and Tuesdays and Thursday afternoons. But now and then there are Saturdays. Big temporal tipping points when anything’s impossible.

walters36

Post by walters36 »

I like the white layout, although, the text could be a little more readable, I don't like the gray text if you went with a light blue or some other color it would be a little better. Other than that you have a good concept that is coming together.
Lindsey Walters

kylesmith

Post by kylesmith »

First Design
The white one is too simplistic for my taste. Also the navigation shouldn't move around. Oh the homepage you have the main nav on the left. Then on the inner page you move it to the top and change its style a lot. Then on top of that you replace the main links with product links that look just like the links there were there on the homepage. Its all just a bit confusing for the user. I like the navigation that goes across the top better anyways. I think you should stick with that on the home page too. Also this is more my personal opinion but I wouldn't use the little circular graphic you have next to links as much as you do. Only use it for active links and possibly hover states. If you use it everywhere then its special nowhere.

Second Design:
I like this one a lot but again you are moving the navigation around which is only going to confuse people. I would pick one of the two and stick with it. Doing that will also make it easier to develop. I like that you have a marquee on this one and a pop-up box. I think if you combined the two designs you could have a winner.
Kyle Smith

BrandonBarringer

Post by BrandonBarringer »

1st one is best. I love how you fade everything in the background to really make the product pop. keep going with what you got

treesa

Post by treesa »

I like the simplicity of the first one but I think the second one is a little more dynamic, with the colors branding the product a little more than the first.

MissTinaBodden

Post by MissTinaBodden »

Air.. I love it. What a great idea. I am really attracted to the first designs because it is so clean but it is hard to read the nav bar and logo. Try and pick a color other than light grey to accent your type. You second design is great but I am not a fan of the yellow/green color.
Tina Bodden

miss_kristine

Post by miss_kristine »

I really love this concept! I think the first design matches the concept of selling air the best, it's crisp and it's refreshing. However, I do agree that the navigation should be larger and darker, but just a slight change, otherwise, it's perfect!

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

My friends and I have been throwing around ideas on this concept ever since you first posted it. Bottled air is the sort of offbeat idea that makes this project one of my faves to present to students. I'm so looking forward to seeing this executed.

Design 1

I really like the clean layout and plain white background on this one. It get's out of the way and lets the colorful bottles do the "talking". My only issue with it is contrast. The type and logo need to be a darker gray, lest they get completely lost against the white background. Try a dark gray and work lighter.

Design 2

I'm not sold on the second one. It's a much more defined layout and I like the mold breaking use of right aligned navigation. It has a clean gallery and I like the lightboxing. But the colors seem to clash with your bottles and the colorscheme feels oppressive and heavy. It's getting in the way of what it's trying to sell.

Conclusion

In my opinion, go for the first one. It feels open and clean and lets the product sell itself. Just watch the contrast though.

"Ebola in a bottle ..." Image
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262

wysiwyg

Post by wysiwyg »

I love the first one!! I actually love the grey on white! just maybe a little darker. but just a little! keep it light and soft looking. love the concept!
A vote for DAVID BJERRE is a vote for ANARCHY ... so please, vote for anarchy. The zombies will thank you...