My Introduction

Please introduce yourself here. C'mon, don't be shy!
NevadaCowgirl

My Introduction

Post by NevadaCowgirl »

Hi everyone,

I am on my 2nd to last semester of the GRC Program. I plan on graduating Spring 2017. I am the oldest of 4 siblings. A single mother to a beautiful 9 year old girl who is in 4th grade. When I finish this class I want to be able to put what I learned to use with the websites I currently design.

I would like to learn how to use images better.
:)
Amy Zimmerman

awesomeMF

Re: My Introduction

Post by awesomeMF »

Wassup Amy...

I'm confident you'll succeed in your goals. The GRC programs build soldier designers around here. I see your handle is cowgirl...do any competitive riding? Horses are awesome
"Tell me, I'll forget. Show me, I might remember. Involve me, and I'll understand" – quote from some smart asian guy
Rosa Rodriguez

Instructor
Site Admin

Re: My Introduction

Post by Instructor »

Welcome to GRC 275, Amy. I think you'll find this class will really help you build out your web design skill as well as polish the skills you already possess. As long as you work hard, you'll be amazed at what you are capable of.

Now, the ironic thing is that I'm going to teach you to use less images this semester since web design is using more and more CSS based effects in place of images. These days, images are mostly used for illustrative purposes (i.e. a picture of something) rather than used for effects (drop shadows, glows, gradients, etc.).

Have fun with the class, work hard, and you'll have a grad time of it.
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262