Kami Lyon's Project 3 Roughs

Post links to your Project Three websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
Instructor
Site Admin

Kami Lyon's Project 3 Roughs

Post by Instructor »

Ladies and Gents,

Here's Kami's Project 3 roughs. For some reason she was unable to upload them to the forum. Take a look at them and give her the best feedback you can.
home-01_opt.jpg
about-01_opt.jpg
gallery-01_opt.jpg
contact-01_opt.jpg
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262

paulab

Re: Kami Lyon's Project 3 Roughs

Post by paulab »

Kami, I really like the direction that you're taking here. I thought these were your works when I first opened the page! The layout is great. I like the color scheme. The navigation is easy, with the exception of the contact page. Are all of the social media icons going to link? I think all of the text and navigation could be a tad bigger. You rock Missy!
Paula Burris
"Do whatever you do intensely." -Robert Henri-

Sierragirlnv

Post by Sierragirlnv »

I like the color scheme and the simplicity of the design. I think you nailed it when it comes to finding a balance of color for an artist! The soft hues are calming and also intriguing. The textured back ground gives it personality. I don't know if there is a way to continue those bubbles seamlessly and add them to the page but the twitter, facebook, etc is still pretty original maybe make the image smaller and add those images in a more articulate way? I think this will be a great site!
Sierragirlnv

A.K.A.

Tiffani Lear

recordd

Post by recordd »

Hi Kami! Great job on your roughs girl! I really like where you are going with these! :-) Your color scheme is very appealing and all of the colors that used mesh really well together, your navigation is easy to find, and every page is organized and layouts are simplistic. One suggestion that I have for you is to make all of your font a little larger. Otherwise, awesome job and I cannot wait to see your finished website!
Danielle Record
"You Can't Use Up Creativity...the More You Use, the More You Have" ~Maya Angelou

elizabeth_mejia

Post by elizabeth_mejia »

I'm really liking the colors Kami has chosen they are nice and light which helps bring out the brightly colored illustrations on the page. Maybe make the loish.net in the center of the circle a bit bigger or darker to make it more noticeable.
Elizabeth Mejia

lingling_chen

Post by lingling_chen »

Hi, Kami.
I just check loish’s website, and fall in love with her art works, love the style of her arts, love the characters she created, love the color and themes on her drawing…..Her artworks remind me your artwork mermaid:),cool. And I agree with Tiffani said those social net work icon on your contact page, I am not sure those beside of the big image are necessary. Very nice start: )

c.j.jackson775

Post by c.j.jackson775 »

I think i like the layout of the second one just a bit better than the first. They are both nicely put together though. Great start Kami!
Design may be king, but typography is the crown.

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Hmmm. I see only one design here. It's a cool design, but it 'tis only one. Also, no mobile version. Image

I like the subtle pattern in the background. It gives the website an old Victorian feel which serves to warm the entire composition up. That really compliments the subject matter, both the text and the gallery. The navigation is easy to use. The typography is clean, easy to read, and well chosen. The colors serve to compliment the art and provide and atmosphere of gentile warmth. The layout is nicely arranged and the circle in the large header feels like a piece of art hung on a wall in a tea room.

I think you could probably get away with shrinking the height of your header on your inner pages without diturbing the composition too much. It'd give you more room for content as well.

Good work! I just wish there was more of it.
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262

georgia_novotny

Post by georgia_novotny »

Hi Kami,
Wish there was another design to choose from just because I love options!
I think the illustrations pop against the light pastel background nicely.
There is a lot of negative space that I would also try to fill so the body copy and photo are larger.
Looks good!
Georgia

aslychsm

Post by aslychsm »

Hi Kami,

I love Loish! I use to stalk her deviantart many years ago. Such an amazing artist, I'm glad you picked her. As your only design I think it really works! It's effective and easy to navigate. The imagery is lovely, and I'm especially fond of the background texture you incorporated. All the colors match perfectly, and everything just has this really soft and round feel, which is really indicative of her style. If I could suggest something, I'd say play around more with your banner/header. I don't feel like a simple circle is enough to represent a website dedicated to her. Great job though!
a s h l e y c h i s a m