My project 3 roughs......

Post links to your Project Three websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
georgia_novotny

My project 3 roughs......

Post by georgia_novotny »

Here they are!
Posted my smaller phone sized roughs below so all my 8 roughs are up.
I did 4 main roughs and went off of them to create the smaller phone versions.

I picked Walt Disney, for so many reasons as you can all imagine.
I am having so much fun with this and will probably make changes to these designs.
I will probably use them all in my site as I like the way they all look even though I will make changes, cant help it :)

I plan on using a menu navigation drop down menu that will show when you click the hidden menu button etc.
The about pages will have scrolling info and picture areas so that the information will scroll in as you read.
I choose fun typography based on the disney logos etc.

I plan on adding more disney characters here and there for the navigation buttons and mouse and rollover etc.
Hope you all like this assignment as much as I do, let our creativity fly!

Georgia

Attachments
homepage_phone_size_rough_01.jpg
about_phone_size_rough_01.jpg
homepage_phone_size_rough_02.jpg
about_phone_size_rough_02.jpg
homepage_rough_01.jpg
about_page_rough_01.jpg
homepage_rough_02.jpg
about_page_rough_02.jpg
Last edited by georgia_novotny on Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JonathonJ

Re: My project 3 roughs......

Post by JonathonJ »

I like the first one better. It's a lot less cluttered than #2.

I like the background with the castle in front of the colors, it makes me want to go into your page.
-Jonathon James

recordd

Post by recordd »

Hi Georgia! Yaaaay! Walt Disney is the ultimate person that most of us have experienced since we were kids and is truly an inspiration to me, as well. I absolutely love these girlfriend! Perfect choice! :-) I like rough #1's Home page and rough #2's About page. I think rough #2's Home page is very creative with the paint, the paint brush and all of the characters but for me it seems a little to cluttered and the image of characters are to perfect for them to looked painted. (Sorry girl I hope this makes sense and I don't offend you...) I think the characters would go well with rough #1's home page...because you can place them all around the Disney castle and I would really like to jump in like Jon said :-) That was my only suggestion for you good job and I cannot wait to see your final site!
Danielle Record
"You Can't Use Up Creativity...the More You Use, the More You Have" ~Maya Angelou

paulab

Post by paulab »

Hi Georgia! Nice work! I, too, have to go with rough one, especially for the phone. It gives me room to breathe. I love the drop down menu idea (I may have to borrow that). The only thing that bothers me is the black background. The images pop off nicely but, for me, black and Disney seem conflicting. You did a great job here, can't wait to see the finished product!
Paula Burris
"Do whatever you do intensely." -Robert Henri-

TsukiMizuDCC

Post by TsukiMizuDCC »

Hey Miss Georgia,

Walt Disney is another one of my inspirations. I thought of doing website of his, but I wanted to do create a website to my favorite makeup fx artists instead. So, you got the lucky hand. I love these roughs. I'm really leaning to the first rough for the homepage. The second rough is a little cluttered and some of the characters are missing some parts(I noticed that when we were in class.) I like the model of the about page from the second rough. I have a suggestion. Instead of using the Mickey gang, just have Mickey throughout the years it can be anyone of the Mickeys. Also, you might want to add Oswald the Lucky Rabbit to the page. I love the layout of the mobile views. Keep up the good work and I can't wait to see the magic of the site shine.
Dalanie "TsukiMizu" Chester
Cosplayer/Artist/Daydreamer
"All work and no play makes the imagination a dull reality."
-Dalanie Chester

elizabeth_mejia

Post by elizabeth_mejia »

I really like rough one with the castle so colorful and fun I suggest maybe changing the image of the castle to a more high resolution photo because it looks a little blurry. I like number two's biography page better I like how you have the picture frames for the images and the characters underneath the paragraphs.
Elizabeth Mejia

lingling_chen

Post by lingling_chen »

I agree with who said rough one is better, the castle with rainbow one. But I suggest you use other fonts for that similar or same one with Disney’s own fonts. Nice job, Georgia.

c.j.jackson775

Post by c.j.jackson775 »

There is a lot of color here. May want to tone that down. I do like the imagery you have found. The layout of the body copy and the subheads is a little hard to follow, may need to organize that a bit more. Nice job using the Disney font.
Design may be king, but typography is the crown.

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Oooooh. Colorful!

I prefer the first design over the second. The second one just has too much going on and my poor old eye doesn't know where to go. The first one is clean and lets the colors and a few basic layout elements do the talking. The color bands seem like an aurora borealis and establishes a magical feeling that echoes and enhances the subject matter. I like the use of the Disney font for the logos and the headlines. The design also folds into a mobile version pretty nicely.

I don't really care for the Disney font as bodycopy though. I think a nice rounded sans-serif font would serve better there. Also, I'd add a bit of margin between the type and the imagery. Right now it's too tight, especially on the mobile version.

I'm curious to see what these will look like once you make 'em live.
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262

aslychsm

Post by aslychsm »

Hi Georgia,

How awesome! I'm glad someone chose Walt Disney! First, I must say, seeing all those bright colors pop up really brightened up my afternoon! So many vibrant colors is a huge mood booster, and I couldn't help but smile. It's also a great representation of how magical and imaginative Disney was. Of both your designs, I'm liking the second concept. That homepage is so magical and pretty! Anybody would instantly want to click and see more. My only suggestion is to maybe play around more with that font, it might be hard to read for some users. Great job!
a s h l e y c h i s a m