lingling's Project #3_Roughs

Post links to your Project Three websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
lingling_chen

lingling's Project #3_Roughs

Post by lingling_chen »

Hi,eveyone
It's lingling,here's my very first and roughly roughs for my project#3 website. I still have a lot of work to do, and might change something in my design in the future.
But now I am just sharing with you my ideas and the rough layout only.
Attachments
p3_1024_home1.png
p3_iphone320_home1.png
p3_1024_gallery1.png
p3_iphone320_gallery.png
p3_1024_home2.png
p3_phone_home2.png
p3_1024_about2.png
p3_phone_about2.png

recordd

Re: lingling's Project #3_Roughs

Post by recordd »

Hi LingLing! Great job on your roughs girl! :-) I'm leaning more towards rough #1 (black in white color scheme). I think this layout has a lot of potential for an artist, illustrator, etc. This layout is a clean and simplistic design which I know you could turn into an amazing website. I like that you added a paragraph of your artist through your eyes...what a great idea! :-) Also, I like that your footer has a little paragraph about him, as well. One suggestion that I have for you is to make your navigation elements a little larger...I think they are a little hard to find. Otherwise, once again I cannot wait to see what you come up with! :-)
Danielle Record
"You Can't Use Up Creativity...the More You Use, the More You Have" ~Maya Angelou

paulab

Post by paulab »

Hi Lingling! I love your work! Rough 1 is very clean and looks very professional. There is something about the image in rough 2 that pulls me in, I want to see more. The box cutting through the middle is an issue for me. Maybe if it was two-thirds the size that it is with a lower opacity. I like the purple box over the white. The other thing is, his name is lost in the larger size, use the color that you used on the phone size. Can't wait to see this finished!
Paula Burris
"Do whatever you do intensely." -Robert Henri-

Sierragirlnv

Post by Sierragirlnv »

Those are very good roughs. I like how you integrated the cover art in the second layout but my eye wants to see all of it. So I think the first roughs work better it gives it breathing room because I am sure that as an illustrator he has many different designs and images that need space for the eye to rest before seeing the next set of images. Illustrators are a hard subject because the work can go all over the place and with the black and white you will never have to worry about clashing the color scheme and ruining the continuity of the design on the page to support the art.
Sierragirlnv

A.K.A.

Tiffani Lear

elizabeth_mejia

Post by elizabeth_mejia »

I really like the first layout it is nice and organized and really professional looking! I like how it shows the gallery. My suggestion would be to give the first image and paragraph some top margin from the navigation bar it seems a little too close but that's just a small thing. Looks great!
Elizabeth Mejia

c.j.jackson775

Post by c.j.jackson775 »

I'm liking your second designs better. They are tons more interesting to look at and muc more color, especially for your inspirational figure.
Design may be king, but typography is the crown.

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Nice work as usual, Lingling.

I think your second design is the stronger one. The pictorial background immediately takes me into his work and immerses me in the details. It creates a graet atmosphere that you can build on throughout the design. I also like the color changing content band in the middle also. It lets the layout be the unifying feature and then frees you to change it's color based on the content of that particular page. The inner page content is well laid out, though you cold use to enlarge the bodycopy a little. The navigation is easy to use, but a bit unusually located. Be careful with that one.

"Get Down", lol.

I'd make sure and make the navigation an absolutely positioned fixed footer so you don't have to scroll down to find the navigation. You probably want to bum up the size of the navigation text a bit too. Also, I'm losing the header text in the photo. Make it white and throw on a drop shadow or colored (purple?) outer glow. I'd also do the same for your "A room full of dreams, visions, ..." text below the content band.

Excellent stuff. I want to see what it looks like as a live website.
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262

georgia_novotny

Post by georgia_novotny »

Hi Lingling,
I like your 2nd designs more with the artists illustrations as the backgrounds.
I think it creates a great environment for viewing his fun and dreamlike creatures and worlds.
I would enlarge and change the color of the title/name as it blends into the background.
Maybe add a drop shadow or something to frame the font so it stands off the background.
The body copy is so small and there is so much space around it to fill, I would make it bigger.
Good job,
Georgia

Kiwakooo

Post by Kiwakooo »

I like your second design.

The background image is great. I really enjoy your design.
I know you're still working on, but it's hard to read the name of artist...

Other than that, I really like!

Good job!
Kiwako

TsukiMizuDCC

Post by TsukiMizuDCC »

Miss Lingling,

Really beautiful designs and I love how inspirational it is. I love the second design more because of the picture as the background is so beautiful. My only suggestions is to shrink the box that covering parts of the background to reveal the image. Also, work on the type. But what a great job and I can't wait to see what your final website is.
Dalanie "TsukiMizu" Chester
Cosplayer/Artist/Daydreamer
"All work and no play makes the imagination a dull reality."
-Dalanie Chester