Project 3- Roughs -Elizabeth Mejia

Post links to your Project Three websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
elizabeth_mejia

Project 3- Roughs -Elizabeth Mejia

Post by elizabeth_mejia »

Here are my roughs for project 3! My creative inspiration is Lena Danya a painter on YouTube she is really talented and paints amazing paintings! She is awesome at painting water especially. I have two different layouts a home page then an inner page for the two different layouts. Let me know what you think :D
Attachments
project3_website_layout1.jpg
project3_website_layout1_2.jpg
project3_website_layout2.jpg
project3_website_layout2_2.jpg
project3_website_layout2_mobile.jpg
project3_website_layout2_2_mobile.jpg
project3_website_layout3.jpg
project3_website_layout3_2.jpg
project3_website_layout3_mobile.jpg
project3_website_layout3_2_mobile.jpg
project3_website_layout4.jpg
project3_website_layout4_2.jpg
Last edited by elizabeth_mejia on Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Elizabeth Mejia

TsukiMizuDCC

Re: Project 3- Roughs -Elizabeth Mejia

Post by TsukiMizuDCC »

Hey Elizabeth,

I love your inspirational person. She sounds really interesting to look up. I also like you concepts for the sites. I'm leaning towards the second rough more because of the color scheme and the usage of spritez within the navigation bar. I like how you used different photos under the navigation. But I have a little problem with the type within the body and the navigation bar. I can't read them because their either too small or hard to read. The advice for the type will apply if you use the first rough. Also, I want to see what your designs look like as a mobile size.

But other than that, Great job.
Dalanie "TsukiMizu" Chester
Cosplayer/Artist/Daydreamer
"All work and no play makes the imagination a dull reality."
-Dalanie Chester

JonathonJ

Post by JonathonJ »

layout #2 looks the most like it fits the artist. It's simple enough to convey what it needs while being exciting at the same time
-Jonathon James

recordd

Post by recordd »

Hi Elizabeth! WOW girl all of these are beautiful, professional, and very creative! :-) Good Job! Your navigation is easy to find, all of your color schemes go together perfectly, and I like how you laid out your images also. I think I'm leaning more towards layout #3, I really like the roses (they are eye catching and give off a feminine feel to the website), your imagery and your color scheme because I think that they all mesh together very well in this design. I have a couple suggestions for you, I would definitely make your paragraph font larger (it is very hard to read) & I would change the font of her name to the same as the word "welcome" font. Other than that great job girl! I cannot wait to see your final design! :-)
Danielle Record
"You Can't Use Up Creativity...the More You Use, the More You Have" ~Maya Angelou

paulab

Post by paulab »

Hi Elizabeth! Wow! Nice roughs. This is a tough one. I like the layout of rough one, especially the header, and the colors of rough 2. Rough 4 is nice too but might look busy in the phone size. Nice designs!
Paula Burris
"Do whatever you do intensely." -Robert Henri-

Sierragirlnv

Post by Sierragirlnv »

I like your roughs i had a hard time choosing between them. I think I like the 4th layout best. I like the watery colors in the back ground. The color works with her art and the layout compliments the art but I think it is missing something solid to separate the art from the back ground but i'm not sure what. Also try using a san serif font to compliment the logo I think it would contrast well and harmonize the design.
Sierragirlnv

A.K.A.

Tiffani Lear

lingling_chen

Post by lingling_chen »

Wow, all of them are beeeeeautiful! I mean your roughs and Lena Danya’s artworks. It is hard to pick the one I like best,「(°ヘ°)?…. I think I like your layout2 the most,especial the project3_website_layout2.jpg, the header with her beautiful eyes, Love her artworks! You did a great job for those roughs, love your color choice,and layout, Elizabeth(^-^).

c.j.jackson775

Post by c.j.jackson775 »

I like your second set of roughs. I love the interesting background and how you applied it to the background. You might consider a more playful mobile layout though. Great start.
Design may be king, but typography is the crown.

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Oooooh, several nice layouts here, Elizabeth. Good work.

You've got two or three strong layouts here (layout 4, layout 3, and possible layout 2), any of which would work great as a main site layout. My personal favorite is layout 4. I really like the painted background. It establishes the subject and draws you in to here work immediately. The navigation is large and easy to use. The typographic logo gives an immediate feel as to who she is and what she does. I like the repetition of the font for the page headers as well. Everything is well laid out in the semi-transparent content area. The footer immediately establishes contrst and moves the eye through the composition

You might want to try having a different painting for the background of each page. As long as the layout stays the same, it should maintain continuity. I'd clean up your type though Make sure that you have no hanging widows and bump the size up a point or two. I'd try a sans-serif type also. Maybe try the same drop shadow you have behind the navigation on the logo as well. That's make it pop out from the background nicely.

Really nice work. I look forward to seeing whichever design you pick as a live site.
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262

georgia_novotny

Post by georgia_novotny »

Hi Elizabeth,
I really like both your designs for an artist website.
I like the blue design but like the darker design of layout 2 a little more.
I like reading her name and seeing her eyes (assuming) in one of her paintings as the title banner.
I would work on the body copy and the photos arrangement so that it feels a little more balanced.
Good job,
Georgia