Project3 rough

Post links to your Project Three websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
Kiwakooo

Project3 rough

Post by Kiwakooo »

Hi All,
This is Kiwako.
Here is my rough of project 3.

<First rough>
My first rough is very simple. I will put Javascript image slider.
rough2_home.jpg
rough2_about.jpg
rough2_about_m.jpg
rough1_aboutpage_m.jpg

<Second rough>
I'm going to make it responsive.
rough1_project3_home.jpg
rough1_project3_about.jpg
rough1_home_m.jpg
rough1_about.jpg

Let me know what you guys think!
Last edited by Kiwakooo on Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

recordd

Re: Project3 rough

Post by recordd »

Hi Kiwako! Great job on both of your roughs! :-) I'm leaning more towards rough #2...because I think the white background looks cleaner, it is easier to read, and your images go well with the white. It looks like you are planning on doing a slide show also on this rough...nice touch! I'm curious how to code those...because I would like to use one in my site, as well. I have one suggestion and it is to make the name of artist and logo a little bigger, other than that awesome job!
Danielle Record
"You Can't Use Up Creativity...the More You Use, the More You Have" ~Maya Angelou

JonathonJ

Post by JonathonJ »

I really like the 2nd rough (the black one), I feel like it's more thought out and developed.

I think you'd be able to use the crown in place of the full artist name. Which would look very nice and clean.
-Jonathon James

paulab

Post by paulab »

Hi Kiwako! Nice work! I like rough 2 the best. It has a more artistic feel to it. I really have no critique for rough 2, it works! Rough 1 is too business looking for this man's art, in my opinion. I don't care for the example of his work, it's too busy and contrasting with the rest of the page. Maybe that is your intent with this design, if so, you got it! Lol! Good job Kiwako!
Paula Burris
"Do whatever you do intensely." -Robert Henri-

Sierragirlnv

Post by Sierragirlnv »

Nice job! I have heard of him before but I have never been a fan of his work because I don't completely understand it. It came off as angry to me but art is in the eye of the beholder. I like the modern take you took with the work and left the design simple and clean so that the art work is what stands out in the design. The formality of the black seems ironic but it also compliments the art itself. I would go for the black back ground over the white for some reason I am having a harder time reading the smaller font on the white back ground but that might just be my problem...
Sierragirlnv

A.K.A.

Tiffani Lear

elizabeth_mejia

Post by elizabeth_mejia »

I kind of like layout two better It catches my eye more and I like the large images they really grab my attention. The mobile version looks great and easy to read. Maybe for easier navigation you can add buttons at the very top of the page that are small but readable.
Elizabeth Mejia

lingling_chen

Post by lingling_chen »

Hi, Kiwako
I like your rough1 more, because I can tell what kind of the artist Jean-Michel is, and know his style of his art right away. Very clean and nice layout(^O^).

c.j.jackson775

Post by c.j.jackson775 »

I like the second set of designs better. I like the way your going to play with the page layout. I do like the layout of the mobile website better in the first set of designs though. Maybe a mix?
Design may be king, but typography is the crown.

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Hm. Interesting. Usually, I'm all about the high contrast designs, but in this case I really like your second design.

It really seems to compliment Jean-Michel Basquiat well. It feels like we're looking at photos of Jean-Michel and the rest of the website is functioning almost as a caption for the photos. The use of what space makes it feel like the website is made of papers he's doodled all over. Typographically, the design works well. The fonts are well chosen and easy to read with good leading and nice contrast between bodycopy and headline. The logo works well too. I like the way it visually encapsulates his work.

I'm not sure about the navigation though. Doing the entirety of the navigation as a drop down menu works well for mobile websites, but it's suboptimal on PCs. I'd recommend doing a small set of buttons across the top on the PC version.

Good work and I absolutely want to see this thing live!
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262

georgia_novotny

Post by georgia_novotny »

Hi Kiwako,
Really good designs, I like both of them but...
I like the black background designs with panoramic photos more.
They pop all the information, text and photos off the screen.
The smaller version looks great and very readable.
I really like the graffiti looking font you used as it gives the website a great feel for the artist.
I would work on the body copy and fill in some of the negative space as its small and the font could be a lot larger.
Great job.
Georgia