Project 3 DCC

Post links to your Project Three websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
TsukiMizuDCC

Project 3 DCC

Post by TsukiMizuDCC »

Hey all you crazy dudes and dudettes. This is Dalanie “TsukiMizu” Chester. Here to present my roughs for project 3. As you may know, this project involved not only our creative minds, but also to use our personal influence that drives us to create our creations. We also had to imagine and create our websites as a mobile friendly site. Well, I have brought out my creative side tenfold by getting inspired by two great men that create and imagine everyday. They were featured on Season 8 of my favorite competition show, Face Off. These guys were on the same team together, as a contestant and a coach. I’m talking about Logan Long and Rayce Bird.

Logan Long http://www.loganlongcw.com
Contestant and runner-up of Season 8 of Face Off, Logan Long has the heart and inspirational drive that can anyone and everyone creating. He’s a well-rounded, creative, and funny makeup fx artist. Looking at his creations gets me all pumped up and filled to the brim with ideas. Which led me into creating these roughs for this project. These roughs were inspired by his logo. His logo is the Crow Troll that he created for the Troll Bridge challenge of Face Off. Using the feather concept from the troll itself, I used the feathers as the navigation bar.
Rough 1: Using a simple layout, black background with yellow and brown text colors.
Rough 2: Using the logo for the background with yellow and brown text colors.

Rayce Bird http://www.raycebird.com
Winner of Season 2 and a coach in Season 8, Rayce Bird has really broadened his skills not only as a concept and graphic artist, but also as a makeup fx artist. He continues to thrive into his many ideas as he explores into his creations. He has the wisdom and talent to inspire those who looking into getting a job in the field. That means future makeup fx, concept, and graphic artists. Using his logos, I brought about these roughs to the light of day.

Rough 1: Using a dark woods background with light to white text color.
Rough 2: Using different photos and dark woods background with white text color.

Expressing my ideas for these roughs gave me a lot of time and a lot of effort to create. So I want you guys to choose who I use for the project and which rough should I continue to develop. Ultimately, it’s up to me to choose. Hope you guys enjoy it.
Attachments
First rough for Logan Long with mobile layout.
First rough for Logan Long with mobile layout.
About page of first rough for Logan Long with mobile layout
About page of first rough for Logan Long with mobile layout
Second rough for Logan Long with mobile layout.
Second rough for Logan Long with mobile layout.
About page of second rough for Logan Long with mobile layout.
About page of second rough for Logan Long with mobile layout.
First rough for Rayce Bird with mobile layout.
First rough for Rayce Bird with mobile layout.
About page of first rough for Rayce Bird with mobile layout.
About page of first rough for Rayce Bird with mobile layout.
Second rough for Rayce Bird with mobile layout.
Second rough for Rayce Bird with mobile layout.
About page of second rough for Rayce Bird with mobile layout.
About page of second rough for Rayce Bird with mobile layout.
Dalanie "TsukiMizu" Chester
Cosplayer/Artist/Daydreamer
"All work and no play makes the imagination a dull reality."
-Dalanie Chester

paulab

Re: Project 3 DCC

Post by paulab »

Dalanie!!! Nice roughs kid! Both are appealing to the eye. The Rayce Bird design is very clean, easily readable and navigated. I really like the design with the black at the top and think that it should be centered like the other pages. I think most of the work is done in this rough. The Logan Long rough is nice too but needs a lot of little tweaks. The white text overlapping the white image makes it hard to read. I like the feather for navigation but the text needs to be resized to fit inside and not overlap the lines. I think that would be easily done with the navigation at the top. Good job girl!
Paula Burris
"Do whatever you do intensely." -Robert Henri-

Sierragirlnv

Post by Sierragirlnv »

I think I like the last design Rayce Bird. I think it is easily navigable and the details are softer so the design doesn't look cluttered. The only thing that is hanging up the design is the type face, type writer font looks like it doesn't belong try a sans serif font to compliment the logo. I think that will tighten it up better and make it have better appeal. I do not know the characters of the shows you are talking about but they look a little dark, or are they bad guys? The design has a dark mystic tone to it but the color scheme works well.
Sierragirlnv

A.K.A.

Tiffani Lear

TsukiMizuDCC

Post by TsukiMizuDCC »

Sierragirlnv wrote:I think I like the last design Rayce Bird. I think it is easily navigable and the details are softer so the design doesn't look cluttered. The only thing that is hanging up the design is the type face, type writer font looks like it doesn't belong try a sans serif font to compliment the logo. I think that will tighten it up better and make it have better appeal. I do not know the characters of the shows you are talking about but they look a little dark, or are they bad guys? The design has a dark mystic tone to it but the color scheme works well.
Which one are you really talking about? Some of the photos that I'll be using, if I use Rayce, They are going to be the different links to each section. The cellist is for his makeup fx gallery, then his Dimensional Creators picture is his concepts gallery. If I have time, I want to work on a gallery that showcases his tattoo designs. If that's what you mean.
-Dalanie Chester

recordd

Post by recordd »

Hi Dalanie! Wow girl...these are awesome! Great Job! I am leaning more towards rough #1 because of the background image of the dark woods and I like this color scheme better, as well. I think that rough #2 is just way to much black and white for my taste. I love your idea of using the feather for the navigation, nice touch! :-) One suggestion that I have for you is to add some opacity to your background image so your type doesn't get lost in the image. Other than that Good Job! I can't wait to see your finished site. :-)
Danielle Record
"You Can't Use Up Creativity...the More You Use, the More You Have" ~Maya Angelou

TsukiMizuDCC

Post by TsukiMizuDCC »

recordd wrote:Hi Dalanie! Wow girl...these are awesome! Great Job! I am leaning more towards rough #1 because of the background image of the dark woods and I like this color scheme better, as well. I think that rough #2 is just way to much black and white for my taste. I love your idea of using the feather for the navigation, nice touch! :-) One suggestion that I have for you is to add some opacity to your background image so your type doesn't get lost in the image. Other than that Good Job! I can't wait to see your finished site. :-)
SO...you want me to use Logan? Or Rayce?
-Dalanie Chester

elizabeth_mejia

Post by elizabeth_mejia »

I think it would be way more fun to do a website about Logan and his different types of face art. I like rough one for Logan's site. The feather navigation is awesome and adds character to the page. I suggest not making the paragraph on the home page too wide and shorten the textbook a little, length wise. On the inner page some space between the paragraph and image would look good.
Elizabeth Mejia

lingling_chen

Post by lingling_chen »

Hi,Dalanie
Logan Long, what a great artist he is. I love his characters he created, they are in creditable amazing! And his wife is beautiful: )….I like your rough1 more, because the color and themes. Very nice job!

c.j.jackson775

Post by c.j.jackson775 »

I already talked to you about these : ] Good start though
Design may be king, but typography is the crown.

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Very cool, Delanie. I like what I see here.

You've got two very interesting subjects here. Design-wise, I prefer the first set of designs for Race Bird. They immediately establish an atmosphere that never lets go. I can practically smell the peat moss in the air on a cool moonlit night in the forest. The logo you designed for him is awesome and of a piece with what you've established with the layout. The navigation is large and easy to use, both on the mobile version and on the PC version. The text is easy to read and the font is well chosen. It even folds down into a mobile version nicely.

The only real issue I can see is that you need to watch your aspect ratio on your photos. Some of them are pretty squished. Remember, crop, don't cram. Things will look better that way.

Nicely done. I'm excited to see what it looks like live.
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262