project 2 roughs for catalog page

Post links to your Project Two websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
georgia_novotny

project 2 roughs for catalog page

Post by georgia_novotny »

Hi Everyone,
Just realized I didn't post these as I was going to start my critiques for everyone else.
Hopefully these get some advice :)

I just tried to bring what I have already done with my site>
I just added the actual product photo and price information.
I plan on making it a little more detailed as I feel its a little simplistic on the information side.

I personally like rough 1 but both are fairly equal because of the sites layout in general.
I still feel like a beginner and I am trying to stay fairly simplistic.
I want to slowly add on things that I learn but am scared to do too much more just yet.

Thanks,
Georgia
Attachments
catalog_page_rough_1.jpg
catalog_page_rough_2.jpg

lingling_chen

Re: project 2 roughs for catalog page

Post by lingling_chen »

Hi, Georgia
I like your rough 1 more, mainly because your rough 1’s background under your product image works better than your rough 2 one. Your design is clean and clear, nice job!

Kiwakooo

Post by Kiwakooo »

I really like the layout of rough2, but I like the background of rough 1.
So maybe, you can combine both roughs? :)

Other than that, I like it!
Good job!

Kiwako

recordd

Post by recordd »

Hi Georgia! Awesome job on both of your roughs! I love the simplistic layouts that you chose they are easy to navigate through and are organized. I'm leaning more towards rough #2, I think rough #1 contains to much grey (prob the duck tape background). I think rough #2's background makes your image standout more. One thing that I would suggest is to remove the underlining from "Flame Design" (if it is a link perfect but if not I would remove the underline because most people think that it is a link) other than that great job and I cannot wait to see your finished site. :-)
Danielle Record
"You Can't Use Up Creativity...the More You Use, the More You Have" ~Maya Angelou

mccuske2

Post by mccuske2 »

the back ground color is a little busy. maybe you could take the opacity down. I like the picture it just takes my eye off the outfits