project two

Post links to your Project Two websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
mccuske2

project two

Post by mccuske2 »

hello
Attachments
highway_thrifters_3.jpg

lingling_chen

Re: project two

Post by lingling_chen »

I think your design of the page works well, you just need to add more product detail information. Good job.

paulab

Post by paulab »

Good start Tammy! The overall look is nice and clean. Easy navigation. A couple of suggestions is to center your headline to the container and give a little more room to the footer, especially if your going to put links there.
Paula Burris
"Do whatever you do intensely." -Robert Henri-

elizabeth_mejia

Post by elizabeth_mejia »

Nice shopping cart looks nice and easy to navigate. I would like to see the prices under the clothes maybe that's what the blank white spaces are for? Some information on the clothing if you clicked on the picture would also be good to incorporate into the site.
Elizabeth Mejia

recordd

Post by recordd »

Hi Tammy! Nice job on your rough! I really like your idea to put the shopping cart summary to the side of the products for sale, it has easy navigation, & your pictures look good! One thing that I would suggest is to include quantity (if you aren't selling just one item :-), price of the item, & an add to cart checkbox or button. Otherwise, you have a great start to a great website! I can't wait to see your final designs! :-)
Danielle Record
"You Can't Use Up Creativity...the More You Use, the More You Have" ~Maya Angelou

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

hello

Now where might your second design be, young lady? Image

What I do see looks pretty good though. I like the background image and the inner page navigation continues to project a strong identity. The colorscheme works well with the photos too. The products are laid out in an easy to follow manner and the images stand out nicely from the pictorial background.

I don't think you need the colored background. I think your listing images and cart info will pop just fine with your supplied drop shadows. Also, no need to narrow your page title type. You might want to shrink your catalog images a touch so you can put in a name and a line or two of description under them.

I like where this is going, but I wish I'd have seen another layout.
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262

aslychsm

Post by aslychsm »

Great page, good design and concept. I really like that badge-looking shape you incorporated. As far as a product page goes, I think this is coming along nicely. It's simple, clean, and to the point. I'm unsure what the small, white boxes beneath the images represent. I'm guessing information? I would swap where the shopping cart is to the right side, mostly because it's very familiar and comfortable to the average online buyer. Good job so far!
a s h l e y c h i s a m

c.j.jackson775

Post by c.j.jackson775 »

You might want to give the social media buttons at the top some breathing room or put them at the bottom. I think some rounded corners on the boxes might make the layout feel a little softer. Those corners seem to add a little edginess to the overall layout and it's a little uneasy. Also the word Clothing seems a little floaty.
Design may be king, but typography is the crown.

Sierragirlnv

Post by Sierragirlnv »

Oh man the more I look at these the more possibilities I see. I was just on a used clothing store website the other day and it had categories of Men, Women, Jeans, Skirts, Shoes...etc, etc. It go on forever. I was wondering what the "Request" button was all about? Also the blank boxes underneath the clothing is that for pricing or are those the categories? It looks really good though!
Sierragirlnv

A.K.A.

Tiffani Lear

Siri

Post by Siri »

I like how this is turning out, though I'd advise that the margins between the products be more evenly distributed, the unevenness does begin to distract the customer after a bit. The elements of the top right seem pretty cramped as well, don't be afraid to play around with scale and giving each one of those buttons their room to breathe!
cristina sánchez
your playing small doesn't serve the world.