Project #2_Roughs

Post links to your Project Two websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
recordd

Project #2_Roughs

Post by recordd »

Hi Everyone...this is Danielle Record and I'm finally turning in my Project #2 Roughs! :-) These still need some work...but I think I have a good start. I already created my main gallery page @ http://www.grc275.com/student/spring_20 ... eries.html
...so the two gallery pages below will be will be the different types on photos on their own pages. :lol: If that makes any sense. I was able to post my Project #1 Site Link finally yesterday...here is the link if you would like to take a look...and if you are feeling up to it please let me know what you think. ;) Thank you so much! http://www.grc275.com/student/spring_20 ... index.html.

I decided to set up my product pages as galleries of different types of photography (**Michael is this OK?). Each image will be for sale and I will also have a prices page that will explain photo shoots and packages available...please share if you have a more efficient way of setting these up...or any...suggestions, ideas, etc. I can't wait to see all of your designs! Thank you for looking and sharing your comments! :-)
Attachments
Contact Page
Contact Page
Black & White Photo Gallery
Black & White Photo Gallery
Self Portrait Photo Gallery
Self Portrait Photo Gallery
Last edited by recordd on Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Danielle Record
"You Can't Use Up Creativity...the More You Use, the More You Have" ~Maya Angelou

mccuske2

Re: Project #2_Roughs

Post by mccuske2 »

I enjoy the the black and white.

lingling_chen

Post by lingling_chen »

Hi,Danielle
Good start on the layouts and compositions, but I like to see the price under each photos on your galleries. Good job: )

paulab

Post by paulab »

Great start on your roughs! The image pages look really nice. I don't care for the map on the contact page. If you're going to keep it, I would make that left container smaller so that at least the top lines up with the image on the right, could be a little ocd on my part, lol! Nice job Danielle!
Paula Burris
"Do whatever you do intensely." -Robert Henri-

elizabeth_mejia

Post by elizabeth_mejia »

Really nice galleries and contact page I really like how they look like. I like how you separated the photography makes it easy for people to find that they are looking for. I would like to see the prices under the photography to know how much they are before putting them into the shopping cart.
Elizabeth Mejia

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Galleries are just fine, Danielle. You could be selling prints, for example.

I like your second one a little better. The colored images stand out against the black. Both it and the first design are cleanly laid out and easy to follow. I especially like the little sepia color touches as well.

I don't really care for the banner though. It feels crammed in. It needs room to breathe. I would crop a much wider image out of that sepia image and have the left and right sides fade to balck. That will expand your image a bit. I'd also shrink the "Creative Eye Captures" text so it has a bit of margin and shrink the "Capturing Your ..." sentence for the same reason. Also scoot your navigation down slightly.

I like where you're going. Keep it up!
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262

aslychsm

Post by aslychsm »

Your designs are great, especially for selling photo prints. The black background paired with photography gives it this nice professionalism. I especially like that you included quantity and an 'add to cart' link beneath each photo. My biggest issue is around your logo image at the top. Everything up to that part is so nice and sleek. My problem is that - and I don't mean this to be rude at all - your logo is too plain. To me, it just looks like an image with text floating inside it. I feel like if you recreated something similar using illustrator, it would compliment how nice everything else looks! Overall, great job though!
a s h l e y c h i s a m

c.j.jackson775

Post by c.j.jackson775 »

I think you could use both layouts. Have one B&W page and one color page. As for the large image at the top it doesn't really fit. It will look cleaner with out it or small up in the corner since I see you are trying to claim some unity with the other pages. Looks good.
Design may be king, but typography is the crown.

Sierragirlnv

Post by Sierragirlnv »

I definitely like your bottom design but I am a little confused as to what you are selling? Would this be the actual photographs or the portrait shoots themselves? Would a client be looking at all of these photos from one session or anyone who likes the photo could purchase it and they are named "Self Portraits" ? After looking at what everyone else posted I realize that there many ways to have a shopping cart and I need to think a little bit more on my design....
Sierragirlnv

A.K.A.

Tiffani Lear

Siri

Post by Siri »

Holy wow Danielle, these are all gorgeous! I'm liking the layout of them so far, they're wonderfully organized and contrast well against the background of your design, though if these are going to be subpages of your catalog then I'd really like to see the main page, which I don't have any doubt you'd be able to design just as well.

As for your contact page, I think it's coming along nicely so far. However, might I suggest using a different font for the body? As it is right now, it kind of looks like default browser font and we can't have any of that.
cristina sánchez
your playing small doesn't serve the world.