Lingling's project 2 roughs

Post links to your Project Two websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
lingling_chen

Lingling's project 2 roughs

Post by lingling_chen »

Hi, everyone
I am lingling, here's my project2's roughs.
For these roughs I just simply fixed the problems I got from the feedback of my project 1.
For my rough2, I added a background color, and adjusted some divs.
I will change the photos of my products, also I will add drop down menu on the product page button.
Please feel free to let me know what else I should refine it, thanks again: )
Attachments
p2_products_rough2.jpg
p2_productDetail_rough2.jpg
p2_products_rough1.jpg
p2_productDetail_rough1.jpg

paulab

Re: Lingling's project 2 roughs

Post by paulab »

Hi Lingling! I think that I have to go with rough 1. The lighter color on the container box keeps that light hearted, creative flow going that I get from your logo. I'm not a big fan of the yellow and red box at the bottom. I understand that you want to emphasize that to the public, but I find it distracting. It makes me think about money before I look at the product. Beautiful work overall!
Paula Burris
"Do whatever you do intensely." -Robert Henri-

mccuske2

Post by mccuske2 »

I like the first one the best I like the different green background.

elizabeth_mejia

Post by elizabeth_mejia »

These look great Lingling I kind of like the one with the lighter container better goes well with the look of the website. I think maybe the yellow band at the bottom of the page you could maybe change it to white or a light blue like in your logo image instead of the bright yellow.
Elizabeth Mejia

aslychsm

Post by aslychsm »

Very professional looking! I love your use of color and placement of information. It flows nicely and is easy to navigate. Of the two you have listed, I'm fond of the top one because everything fits somewhere, whereas in your other set, a lot of it seems like its floating. Plus it really suits the rest of your design. The only thing I would change is making things bigger in the individual products page, where all the information is, right now it all just seems too spaced apart and open.
a s h l e y c h i s a m

recordd

Post by recordd »

Hi LingLing! These are very professional and talented! :-) Both roughs have a creative and beautiful color scheme, the layouts are organized, easy to navigate through, contains everything that a customer would want to know if they were looking into buying your shoes, & I love how you created a weekly special its a nice touch. If I had to choose I would pick rough #2 with the dark green background...I think the green background brings out your images and type more than rough #1. One thing that I would suggest is to make you image and type bigger in the detailed design so it fills up more of the container. Otherwise, awesome job and I cannot wait to see your final site! :-)
Danielle Record
"You Can't Use Up Creativity...the More You Use, the More You Have" ~Maya Angelou

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Very professional looking, as always, Lingling. Nice job. And you have catalog and listing pages. Excellent!

I prefer the first layouts to the seconds. I think the semi-transparent green box helps separate the content from the background, whereas I loose it a bit on your first design. It helps move the eye around and provides that last little touch of organization.

Tow things need a bit of tweaking however. One, the product picture on your listing page needs to be much, much larger. Your catalog images are fine. Two, margins. You should have even margins on the left and right edges of your semi-transparent green box and your buttons should have some distance between the type and the edge. Right now, your "Add to Cart" button is waaaaay to cramped.

Great work though! I really like where you are going.
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262

c.j.jackson775

Post by c.j.jackson775 »

I'm thinking St. Patricks Day... LOTS O' GREEN!!! I agree the image on the second page needs to be much larger. Also I like the design better with the box behind it framing it in flows much better and doesn't look all floaty. Very clean Good job
Design may be king, but typography is the crown.

Sierragirlnv

Post by Sierragirlnv »

I like the first layout with the darker green boxes separating the merchandise from the design of the website. It gives it more importance and highlights it. Maybe the box at the bottom could be a little smaller and change the colors to match the rest of the design but other than that it looks good!
Sierragirlnv

A.K.A.

Tiffani Lear

Siri

Post by Siri »

Hey Lingling,

Personally I'm favoring the first concept, since the lack of a surrounding box makes it seem as if your content is simply floating there. It seems a tiny bit cramped, but that can be fixed easily with some well-measured margins and padding. Keep up the good work!
cristina sánchez
your playing small doesn't serve the world.