PROJECT 2 Roughs DCC

Post links to your Project Two websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
TsukiMizuDCC

PROJECT 2 Roughs DCC

Post by TsukiMizuDCC »

HELLO PEOPLES!!

This is Cosplayer Dalanie present. Here to present you guys with my roughs for project 2. Keeping with my concept, I featured some of the main products that work to purchase.

Rough 1:
I wanted to focus the attention to some of the oils that are used to heal. I added the chakra background behind the products. Some of the oils are Lavender and Peppermint.

Rough 2:
I focus on the beads that help with different characteristics that most people overlook. Some of the beads are Garnet, Amethyst, and Pearl. (After choosing these gems, I just realized that it reminded me of Steven Universe. If you don't know what Steven Universe is, it's a animated tv show on Cartoon Network.)

Anyways, I hope you guys enjoy it.
Attachments
Soothing the soul with oil.
Soothing the soul with oil.
Healing the body with the beads.
Healing the body with the beads.
Dalanie "TsukiMizu" Chester
Cosplayer/Artist/Daydreamer
"All work and no play makes the imagination a dull reality."
-Dalanie Chester

paulab

Re: PROJECT 2 Roughs DCC

Post by paulab »

Good job Dalaine! I really like the feel of the bead page. The backgound image is opaque enough to not take away from your product. The background image on the oils page does just the opposite. It is very distracting. You might want to lower the opacity on that image to give the focus to the product. You're doing good kid!
Paula Burris
"Do whatever you do intensely." -Robert Henri-

mccuske2

Post by mccuske2 »

I enjoy the the one with the beads in it too. Just to have a different look from pg to pg

lingling_chen

Post by lingling_chen »

Nice job on both designs, Dalaine. The idea of giving people different feel from page to page is cool, the color and layout works well. Only one suggestion you might already know is adding more product details below your product images, like names of your products, price, shopping cars, etc.

recordd

Post by recordd »

HI Dalanie! You have two very beautiful roughs girl! Great Job on both of them! They are clean, organized, easy to navigate through, and you color scheme goes well together. Are you planning on using both? If not I would because both contain great products & images for your business. One thing I would suggest (which you probably are already planning on including), is description about each product, quantity & the price. Other than that Awesome job! I cannot wait to see your finished site! :-)
Danielle Record
"You Can't Use Up Creativity...the More You Use, the More You Have" ~Maya Angelou

elizabeth_mejia

Post by elizabeth_mejia »

Nice layouts I like the images you have to show the oils and beads. I suggest maybe putting some information to the side of your products like maybe the names of them or something like that would be good.
Elizabeth Mejia

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Hm. Not a lot of differences here between the two designs.

They're the same clean, center aligned layout that works pretty darn well. The background image provides some distinction and theming, but there really isn't a whole lot to separate them.

I think, like Kiwako's, you should combine the two designs. Have the first be your more general overall product catalog and the second be a selection of a specific product (beads in your case). I'd keep the different background image as you can use the background image as a visual cue to tell people where they are in your catalog. I'd make that background image about 50% more opaque though. Right now it's a little dominant.

Good effort!
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262

aslychsm

Post by aslychsm »

Love your colors! They're so soft and pretty and pastel. Makes me think of Easter. I think either of these would be suitable for the requirement, if I had to pick, your bottom one is more eye-catchy. The bold, colorful outlines instantly draw my attention to the products. Which is good for selling! Aside from that, I also think you should consider adding some information regarding each item, just their name and a price would work.
a s h l e y c h i s a m

c.j.jackson775

Post by c.j.jackson775 »

You might want to push those backgrounds back a little they are a tad distracting. Overall good theme.
Design may be king, but typography is the crown.

Sierragirlnv

Post by Sierragirlnv »

I like the way you boxed and aligned the elements with the opaque back ground. I agree with Michael that they look very similar. My idea would be when you hover over an item a white opaque mask covers it and appears with the price and product description because when you buy something you need to know what you are buying and how much it is. Also I just thought of this but add the major cards that you accept somewhere in the corner as well.
Sierragirlnv

A.K.A.

Tiffani Lear