Project 2- Roughs -Elizabeth Mejia

Post links to your Project Two websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
elizabeth_mejia

Project 2- Roughs -Elizabeth Mejia

Post by elizabeth_mejia »

Hello everyone these are my roughs for project 2! They are still pretty rough but once you click on the images it will take you to a page that tells you more about the potions and what they do and from there it will let you add it to your shopping cart :D
Attachments
project2_website_layout1.jpg
project2_website_layout2.jpg
Elizabeth Mejia

paulab

Re: Project 2- Roughs -Elizabeth Mejia

Post by paulab »

Elizabeth, your page is coming along nicely. I have to go with layout two just because of the alignment in the placement of your products. I don't care for the white boxes though. I think it would look great if you took the boxes out. I love the concept of your page, I could use a couple of potions myself! I still think you should go with the purple background that you had in the project one rough. The highlights on the scroll seem to blend in with the yellow. The scroll itself is looking very flat, maybe add some shadow where the rolled part overlaps the paper and bend the text and image a bit to create a little 3-D feel. This is going to be great when it's finished!
Paula Burris
"Do whatever you do intensely." -Robert Henri-

mccuske2

Post by mccuske2 »

I like it without the white box around it.

recordd

Post by recordd »

Hi Elizabeth! Your website is going to look awesome once it all comes together! :-) As far as these roughs go, I'm leaning more towards both lol. The reason why is because I like that you have content explaining your product next to each bottle on the first and I like how you displayed your potions in the second. Soo, with that being said I would suggest combining those element into one and my second suggestion is to change your yellow background color to purple, like our fellow classmate Paula suggested. I think it would make your scroll stand out more and if you do decide to go with changing your background color...I think it would look great in the purple that you are using in your page title. Otherwise good job! :-) Excited to see what you come up with!
Danielle Record
"You Can't Use Up Creativity...the More You Use, the More You Have" ~Maya Angelou

lingling_chen

Post by lingling_chen »

Hi,Elizabeth
I agree with Paula said, the purple background that you had in your project one looks better, add some shadow to the paper and the overlaps parts will create a nice 3D feel. I go with your layout 2, but I would like to two products on top, and three products on the bottom line, if there are five products. Good job : )

aslychsm

Post by aslychsm »

Great work! I really like your concept, especially that whole scroll idea. I can't get over how awesome this is! Again, I still really think your background color should be something darker. Aside from that, both your roughs would work nicely for this assignment. Whichever you decide to use, I think they would work well with some drop shadows to provide more depth.
a s h l e y c h i s a m

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Hm, not bad.

I much prefer your second design over your first. The white boxes pull me out of the design and the whole thing feels crammed together.

Your second design, on the other hand, works much better with the scroll theme. I like the freestanding, cut out bottles and the handwritten ink text. I think you could shrink the text two or three points and add in a line or two of description about each product. Also, watch your top margin on the second line of products.

Otherwise, I like where it's going. Keep it up!
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262

c.j.jackson775

Post by c.j.jackson775 »

I like the bottom as well. the boxes are distracting. I know this might be a lot of work but have you thought of illustrating the initial product view so it really looks like they are on the scroll? just a thought.
Design may be king, but typography is the crown.

Sierragirlnv

Post by Sierragirlnv »

I like the second design on the bottom better because the items feel more real and compliment your design. Maybe try to box in the labels below them and give the each of the potions a unique style/color below the item. Maybe consider making the type smaller that way it will give each item more space around it as well. Great job!
Sierragirlnv

A.K.A.

Tiffani Lear

Siri

Post by Siri »

Hi Elizabeth,

Both these concepts are pretty good so far, and I agree that the first concept can do just as well, if not more strongly without the white boxes surrounding the products. Compared to the rest of your layout, the white really sticks out, and not in an entirely good way (maybe if you decide to have a backdrop, go with shades of purple/magenta?) I also like the simplicity of the second concept, it's to the point, but looking at the two I'd say you can combine some elements of the first into the second. I look forward to what you come up with!
cristina sánchez
your playing small doesn't serve the world.