project two ruffs

Post links to your Project Two websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
kamilyon

project two ruffs

Post by kamilyon »

I have a pretty clear idea of what i want to do . these need to be fixed up a little but tell me what you think..
Attachments
tiny_product_comp_02.jpg
tiny_product_comp_01.jpg

paulab

Re: project two ruffs

Post by paulab »

I really like the look of comp 1, but I also like the addition of the social media icons in rough 2. The idea of the individual products placed like an old photo album is cute, but I'm not crazy about the white boxes on a white background. Maybe give the main container an older feel to it.
Paula Burris
"Do whatever you do intensely." -Robert Henri-

mccuske2

Post by mccuske2 »

I like the first one the best. I looks like it has the shopping cart on it an the Facebook and other tabs on it

lingling_chen

Post by lingling_chen »

Hi,Kami
Both designs are good at logo design, color,and shopping car design, I like your comp_01 more, because it balance better on page header.

recordd

Post by recordd »

HI Kami! Great Job on both of your roughs! :-) I am so glad that you went the blue wood background for your site...I love it! I really like the frames that you have on each product, it adds character and professionalism to your site. The corners on each frame pulls your eyes into the page. Your add to cart button is eye catching and easy to find, as well as, the price for each product! One thing that I would suggest is to add a quantity section by the price. Other than that awesome job and I cannot wait to see your finished site! :-)
Danielle Record
"You Can't Use Up Creativity...the More You Use, the More You Have" ~Maya Angelou

elizabeth_mejia

Post by elizabeth_mejia »

I like comp 1 but I like how the other one has social media icons on it. Maybe incorporate those social media icons into comp 1? Other than that looks really good simple and easy to navigate so that great.
Elizabeth Mejia

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Nice!

I prefer your second one to your first. That center aligned logo and nav ownzones the left aligned version in your first design. Both do work well with your established branding though. The products are well laid out and easy to follow.

I'm not sure you really need the corkboard though. I think having your products on your blue wood background would work just fine. If you are going to use the corkboard, give it a bit more top and bottom margin.

Great job!
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262

aslychsm

Post by aslychsm »

Awesome work! I love the blue and the textures! The top one has its merits, I like that you included the social media links. Your website instantly feels hip and up to date with the times. And both are quite similar, but I'm definitely taken by the bottom one. Everything just transitions nicely into the products, and the center alignment creates this subtle cleanliness amongst all the textures. My only issues are with contrast, the navigation bar is a little hard to see at times, along with the top line of text in the logo. But great job otherwise!
a s h l e y c h i s a m

c.j.jackson775

Post by c.j.jackson775 »

The cork board idea would be cool if the things were actually pinned on it. I think Michael has a good idea. I also thing you could pull the shopping cart element and the social media buttons down to the lower one easily while keeping the nice centered logo that goes with the rest of your site.
Design may be king, but typography is the crown.

Sierragirlnv

Post by Sierragirlnv »

I like the second design on the bottom better it has a better weighted appeal to it with the logo centered and the social media stuff down by the footer. I know I am struggling with the design of my shopping cart but I think you just gave me a great idea! Thank you!
Sierragirlnv

A.K.A.

Tiffani Lear