well that's over

Post links to your Project One websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
c.j.jackson775

well that's over

Post by c.j.jackson775 »

So I couldn't get my ftp client to work last night and then I had to go to the ADDYS and ran out of time. I have finally gotten the thing up here so let me know what you think. It's a tad unfinished and I couldn't get some of the stuff to work but it is coming together. Hopefully now you can get a better understanding of what I was trying to convey in my roughs.

http://www.grc275.com/student/spring_20 ... html#page1
Design may be king, but typography is the crown.

elizabeth_mejia

Re: well that's over

Post by elizabeth_mejia »

Really awesome design and super awesome animation! I still cant believe you say it wasn't hard to do aha. Hopefully you can get it to work on that page but really good so far. My suggestion is for the animation of the Clip Up changing color it changes color a little too fast it hurts my eyes a bit and might cause problems for people with seizures that can be a problem if you want this to be a website for a real product. But still great design and Congrats on the ADDY!
Elizabeth Mejia

paulab

Post by paulab »

Very cool Chris! I think this is a great start. The animation is nice! On the "clip" section, I think it would be helpful to show it being clipped on to a shoe. You received an ADDY?!?! Congratulations!
Paula Burris
"Do whatever you do intensely." -Robert Henri-

recordd

Post by recordd »

Hi Chris! Great Job on your site! Love the animation it definitely adds character to the site and the product you are selling. I thought that the color selection was cool and eye catching...are you going to set it up where you can click on the icon with the color you want? (I was just curious). I like the effects that you included when you click on a link (it looks like the page is being flipped over) and the simplicity on the one page layout id great! While the animations are awesome and make the page visually creative, there is one thing that I would suggest and it is to include some more details about what your product is about. Otherwise, nice job! :-)
Danielle Record
"You Can't Use Up Creativity...the More You Use, the More You Have" ~Maya Angelou

aslychsm

Post by aslychsm »

Your animations are very well done, and even though it is a bit rough, I can already picture all of it working seamlessly together. I've never really seen a website like this, or maybe I have and I just don't remember, but I really appreciate your risk-taking to try something different. It's coming along nicely! I don't have too much to critique about it really, I think what you have so far is great. Good job!
a s h l e y c h i s a m

Sierragirlnv

Post by Sierragirlnv »

Great job! I like how the you chose scrolling over clicking the buttons. I think that is the way a lot of newer pages are being designed. The animations you designed are really great too! If I have to say something critical I would add maybe some "real" images to your layout.
Sierragirlnv

A.K.A.

Tiffani Lear

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Ah swinging for the fences, I see.

I can see where you were attempting to go with this. The bits of the color palette that I can see seem very good. The navigation is crisp, clean, and easy to use. The page scroller is working pretty well. I also like where you were going with the animation, using that "page" as a presentational space.

My issue design-wise is the use of serif type throughout. If it's new and hi-tech it should have a serif typeface.

But the real big issue at hand is that there just isn't much "there" there. Most things are blank and if I hadn't seen your roughs I'd have no idea what was happening here. Looks like you got caught up in trying to technically execute this thing and didn't have time to make it much more that a tech demo. This isn't really a functional website, or even a prototype per se. I would like to have seen more.

I like where you're going conceptually. Good effort.
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262

lingling_chen

Post by lingling_chen »

I think it is awesome! Great job!

georgia_novotny

Post by georgia_novotny »

Hi Chris,
The website is coming together.
The clean basic design gives it a simplified feeling that makes me want to see more.
The animation is great and will look even better once you figure out how to have it play on the specific page.

So far so good.
Nice job,
Georgia

Kiwakooo

Post by Kiwakooo »

I like your homepage design. The navigation button is very clean, and I LOVE the logo!

I know you enjoy these animations on the "how it works"page, but I feel it's too much animations.
But, I really like your concept, so you can play with the balance between your website design and animations.

Good job!

Kiwako