url of Lingling's project 1

Post links to your Project One websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
lingling_chen

url of Lingling's project 1

Post by lingling_chen »

Hi,everyone
It's linglingl, here I come for the final post of my project 1,the url is http://www.grc275.com/student/spring_20 ... ling_chen/
my fictional company ‘s name called LingDesign(I am the owner of this fictional company), products are hand painted shoes, T-shirt, bag and hat. My goal for this website is to sell my and my team’s artworks through our semi-manufactured goods. I chose vivid color and artistic style for this web. I change "my business”, because I think the "new business" will make more money, ha. I know there are a lot of things need to be change, like update photos, change the logo, some color etc, but I am exhausted and have a terrible stomachache now, possibly a side effect of building a website: (. Please feel free to leave your commons, thank you.

elizabeth_mejia

Re: url of Lingling's project 1

Post by elizabeth_mejia »

Wow super professional and fun looking website! I love it I would totally buy stuff off of your website Lingling! I really like the colors you chose and it seems easy to navigate so that's really good and awesome animation in the Whats's Hot bar Awesome job! :D My only suggestion is the image behind your nice L logo doesn't seem like it has high enough resolution but that might just be me.
Elizabeth Mejia

paulab

Post by paulab »

Wow, Lingling! This is awesome! The animation is really nice. The only thing that I can come up with is on the "about" page, the type gets lost a little in the flower. Maybe change the color of the flower. The colors are beautiful.
Paula Burris
"Do whatever you do intensely." -Robert Henri-

recordd

Post by recordd »

HOW BEAUTIFUL LingLing! Once again you have inspired and amazed me...there are so many good things that I can say about your site so here is some of it: very professional, eye catching, elegant, creative, talented, easy to navigate through, well balanced simplistic layout with a gorgeous color scheme which imediately pulls you in and makes you feel welcome, I love the photo gallery (I would love to know how you created it) that you created! The only thing that I can come up with for a suggestion is to make the footer a little smaller...otherwise, wonderful job girl! :-) I can't wait to see it when your all done!
Danielle Record
"You Can't Use Up Creativity...the More You Use, the More You Have" ~Maya Angelou

aslychsm

Post by aslychsm »

Wow! As always, you're website is gorgeous! All the nice, stylized details really boost the quality and professionalism. There's just a couple of things I would consider playing around with. I feel like your logo could be slightly bigger, just enough to close some of that open space at the top and bottom. Also you have all these beautiful colors and imagery, but your fonts are so plain and ordinary, which really doesn't fit with your design. Try something more unique, even a light, rounded sans-serif would really make this even better!
a s h l e y c h i s a m

Sierragirlnv

Post by Sierragirlnv »

Nice job! That looks really great, there is a fun color scheme and a happy feel to your design. The only thing I see is the type. There are some contrast issues when the words run over the back ground flower area. Also, Use some hierarchy with your type and put some paragraphs in to break up what you are trying to say. I would also justify it and put indents in the new paragraphs.
Sierragirlnv

A.K.A.

Tiffani Lear

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Very professional looking, Lingling. Nice work. You've really captured the detail of a "real" website.

I really like the multi-tiered quality this layout has. Almost like you are using the two backgrounds to transition from one section to another. I really like the expressive, hi-tech top background. It really pushes your logo out front. I like the color choices as well. It really highlight how a split complimentary color scheme works well together. Typographically it works, as well. The sans-serif fonts serve to give the site a forward thinking, techy feel. I also like the functioning slideshow as well. That's a nice touch.

Just a few issues as far as I can tell. One, use a consistent stroke around your logo, the current one kind of comes and goes. Two, I loose the pricing at the bottom of your left bar in the flower background. Three, caption your slideshows. Four, it could use a little margin help, like on you "Add to Cart" buttons. Otherwise it looks very good.

Excellent work!
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262

lingling_chen

Post by lingling_chen »

I got it, thank you all of you guys: )

georgia_novotny

Post by georgia_novotny »

Hi Lingling,
The website looks great, you put a lot of time into it and it shows!
Very professional looking and almost "shop-able".

I like the color scheme with the fun logo.
The large product photos that are flashing are very effective.
I would try to find some fonts that are more artistic looking since that seems to be the style of the clothing.
There are so many fun ones that you could use for the headlines and prices etc.
I also noticed there is no company name on the homepage so that needs to be more obvious in the hierarchy.

Looks great, awesome job!
Georgia

Kiwakooo

Post by Kiwakooo »

Good job, Lingling!

Your website looks like very professional.
Also, the color scheme is great.
However, I would like to remove the drop shadow on "Welcome to Our Shop".

Other than that, you did good job!

Kiwako