Project One Final

Post links to your Project One websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
paulab

Project One Final

Post by paulab »

Okay, I'm done for now. I had it in my head that we only needed to create two pages, so the third page is very last minute. Sorry :oops:
The active pages are, "Home", "About" and "Blog". I haven't used the live type that we went over last night, but it will be included in the next phase. I'm running on empty and must sleep now…..zzzzz :roll: Here's the URL.

http://www.grc275.com/student/spring_20 ... index.html

See you all Thursday, good luck with your final projects!
Paula Burris
"Do whatever you do intensely." -Robert Henri-

elizabeth_mejia

Re: Project One Final

Post by elizabeth_mejia »

Awesome I really like the image of the close up lens on the About page really high quality photo really nice. The thing I suggest for improvement is the image on the home page the image needs a little more editing on the mask on the top of her head the image gets a little bumpy but still great job : ]
Elizabeth Mejia

recordd

Post by recordd »

Hi Paula! Awesome job on your site girlfriend! Your layout is easy to navigate through, organized, well-balanced, you color scheme blends well together, & your images a perfect fit for your business. One thing that I would suggest is to brighten the green (maybe like your hover color) that your navigation is in. It kind of blends with the black more than stand out. Otherwise, great job! I love it! :-)
Danielle Record
"You Can't Use Up Creativity...the More You Use, the More You Have" ~Maya Angelou

JonathonJ

Post by JonathonJ »

hi paula,

I think your whole site is a little too dark altogether. The logo looks a little to "effect-y" from photoshop and needs more work. Maybe trying the lower case "a" (like you have) with a capital "L" butted up against eachother like "aL." So the flat part of the "a" will also be a part of the "L" Not sure if that makes sense...

I also feel like you can add a little more diversity to your pages other than the background image, although I do like that idea a lot.

good work.
-Jonathon James

aslychsm

Post by aslychsm »

This came out great, it looks exactly like your rough. I didn't say this before, but I really like the main photo, how everything is out of focus except the camera lens. It gives your whole design nice depth. Great work on those drop-down menus too, those will be wonderful when they all work. I really think a green background would visually unite all the elements, red could work too. But overall, you did an awesome job!
a s h l e y c h i s a m

Sierragirlnv

Post by Sierragirlnv »

I think your page has great hierarchy and balance but I think the colors seem too dark. Also the menu bar seems too light I like that it highlights when you hover, maybe use that color. The logo could be a tad smaller, other than that great job.
Sierragirlnv

A.K.A.

Tiffani Lear

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

I like where you were going with this, Paula.

What we have here is a digital photo album. It's got a nice, dark composition so that any photo that's placed in it will pop more, It also serves to highlight the text on each page. The navigation is usable, if a little dark, and the dropdowns work well The layout is clean and allows for a large presentational area. The accent photographs work to compliment the page content and reinforce what this site is about.

I'm not sold on the logo, though. I think it's design is quite good, but I don't think it needs all the Photoshop effects. It'd look plenty good on it's own. I'm also not sold on the medium gray background. I think it would have been stronger if you had gone black all the way out. Also, watch your bottom margin on your dropdowns.

A very good effort.
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262

lingling_chen

Post by lingling_chen »

Hi, Paula
very nice job on your layout and the drop down menu buttons. I guess you want to play with the the first letter of the name , ‘a’ and the ‘L’ as a camera on the stand effect on your logo. If I guess right, I would suggest you to play more one circle inside of the ‘a’ by adding more details to make it more like a camera len. Good job.

georgia_novotny

Post by georgia_novotny »

Hi Paula,
Nice job finishing the website.
I like the logo you made and think it goes good with your color scheme.
I think the photos looks good and you know your on a photography site.
Good job on the drop down menus on your navigation.

I would change the green type as it blends with the background and I could barely see it.
Also the black background might be too dark since your camera blends in with it and you cant really see it either.
I would work on contrast and making sure the things have proper placement so they stand out.
Plus the type is really small for the body areas.

Nice job, good start.
Georgia

c.j.jackson775

Post by c.j.jackson775 »

I like it like the color and like the simplicity for photography. I already talked to you about the drop shadow and line stuff so there's that. Good luck.
Design may be king, but typography is the crown.